Conflicted

Kat's eyes were wide, as I faced her, it was as though she was just now, seeing me for the first time. The sheets all tangled underneath her body. Her skin was flushed, and her chest rose and fell rapidly in time with her fast breathing. I was unable to stop my eyes from travelling southwards, taking in every inch of her perfect body. The curves of her perfect breasts, the dip of her waist, arch of her hip bone. My cock twitched the lower I looked.

Ev, she can fucking see you looking you prat. Look at her face! Her face! Big hint... is not between her legs!

I cleared my throat, blinking and locking gaze with hers, trying to pass it off, but not missing the, obviously disapproving, roll of her golden brown eyes.

"Jesus Ev." She sighed, turning her head slightly and rolling away.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I half laughed, reaching out and wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her back to me.

The move seemed so natural, I didn't want her to roll away, I already felt strangely cold from the small distance she'd put between us. My thumb caressed her soft skin whilst I held her closer, breathing in her sweet scent. I saw her eyes flick towards my lips and caught the small movement of her jaw when she began to bite the inside of her cheek. The inner battle that was going on inside her head was clear. It was obvious that she wanted to kiss me, but something was stopping her, something that was absolutely not going to stop me. It seemed like my body wasn't ready to give her up just yet. Before she could attempt to move away again, I kissed her. She stiffened at first, but as I drew closer, my lips moving against hers, she responded. It was a tender kiss, one that left no doubt that I wanted more, yet gentle enough to show that it wasn't me making a move. I pulled back as I felt her hand glide over my cheek, placing one light kiss on her lips.

"How did this even happen?" She asked quietly, her fingertips tracing the stubble across my jaw.

"I don't know." I admitted. "Do you regret it?" I asked, slightly anxious about the answer that I might get.

Our eyes met and I felt like my heart might leap from my chest, the silence was killing me. I felt unusually vulnerable, as though what she said next could have the power to make me whole or shatter me. I was absolutely not a fan of this shit.

Pull yourself together, you're not a twelve year old girl.

"Would it be weird if I said no?" She murmured in response, before pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Oh, we're way beyond fucking weird right now." I said before I could stop myself.

I immediately wanted to hit myself in the face, such a stupid thing to say. I probably sound like a right dick. I was about to apologise, when Kat just burst out laughing. Her entire body relaxed against me, her eyes sparkling and her hand falling from my jaw to land on my chest. The sound of her laughter was so infectious, I couldn't help but join in. It was as though all of the awkwardness had evaporated, sucked out of the room as I joined in with her laughter. Both of us laughing hard until we could only lay there panting, tears rolling down our cheeks.

"You know, you're not all bad." Kat said, running her finger through her hair, sweeping it from her face and shuffling into a seated position.

"Wow, thanks, I think I'll get that put on my headstone," I swept my hand through the air, adding in a dramatic tone: "Evan Daniels... not all bad."

She lightly slapped my upper arm, smirking at me as I rolled onto my side and propped my head up on one arm, to look at her.

"Don't be a dick."