The Smile

Song: Text Me Back- THE BOYZ

——————————

Namjoon dropped his mug and it shattered into pieces, no one caring at the moment.

Usually when Yoongi cracks and spills important information he just shrugs it off and the situation seems as if it never had happened.

This time it was different. Yoongi felt his cheeks start to burn and his heart skip a couple beats as it raced.

There was a long pause of silence before Jin broke it, furrowing his eyebrows he asked, "What in the world could've made you smile??"

Yoongi played with his ear, "well... he gave me..."

The three other boys leaned in

"I got his phone number..."

The three cheered

"I HAVE to tell the group chat!" Namjoon started typing on his phone until Jungkook snatched it, "you HAVE to clean the glass you dropped sir."

Namjoon frowned at Jungkook but listened to his boyfriend anyways.

"So when's the wedding?" Yoongi glared at Jin.

The pause was painfully long

After even more silence Yoongi shrugged and walked to the door

"I'm going home."

The three other boys whined as Yoongi left.

Yoongi was walking on the sidewalk, blank faced as usual when something came into his mind.

He halted, should he request to change his schedule and match Hoseok's?

That's creepy though

He continued walking closing his eyes and shaking off that idea.

Sadly folks, you can't see with your eyes closed and Yoongi bumped into, you can guess it,

Taehyung and Jimin.

"Woah Yoongi are you okay there?"

Yoongi quick whipped his head to the left trying to avoid anyone from seeing how flustered he was. "uh, yeah." he then tried to pace off hoping that he could hurry to the library he worked at.

"BE CAREFUL IF YOU WALK LIKE THAT YOU'LL GET INTO A BAD SITUATION!!" Jimin screamed as loud as he could but yoongi ignored none the less.

———————

Yoongi finally made it to "First Love's Library" where he could sit down and relax at work. He punched in and put his earbuds max volume in his ears as he started to organize the shelves.

Yoongi loved music l, it was the closest way he could "express" emotions, and books told stories that he wish he could live out. He got lost in his own little world for almost 4 hours (half his shift)  when a ping suddenly interrupted his peace.

He looked down at his phone and almost dropped the book he was holding in excitement. you can guess who it was.

"hey cutie"

you read at 4:04 PM

He gasped, 'shit... I read it too quick, I can't look this desperate...' Yoongi decided not to respond and pressed play on his music.

"C'mon, don't leave me on read after seeing my message so quick"

you read at 4:05 PM

Yoongi has never been in a situation like this.

Incoming call from: HoSeok

Yoongi reluctantly answered the call, "h-hello?"

"Hey" Hoseok spoke in a way that Yoongi could practically see the smirk on his face.

Yoongi composed himself, or tried to, "I uhm, I'm at work.. what are you-"

"Hm," he chuckled, "I caught you off guard didn't I?" Yoongi stumbled a bit on the phone only for Hoseok to cut him off, "you don't happen to work at a bookstore do you? Because I see a very familiar pink face in the window fidgeting with earbuds and what looks like The Fault in Our Stars"

Yoongi panicked and looked at the window to see Hoseok smiling.

God. That smile is killer...

Call Disconnected

Yoongi looked down at his phone after the boop noise and looked up to see Hoseok walking to the door nonchalantly causing Yoongi to hurry up and put the book away.

He tried to run away and hide in the back of the empty store, in all his years working there, there was an average of 2-4 customers a month who came in during his shift and couldn't give two flying fucks about Yoongi, and Yoongi could say the same back.

Yoongi works the 12-8 Sunday through Thursday for the reason of NOT wanting to talk to people and now he has to talk to the one person that seems to constantly caught him off guard.

Hoseok walked into the building confused, he swore that he saw yoongi here somewhere...

then their was a light thud and curse that came after.

Hoseok bit his lip to refrain from chuckling and he went into the staff break room and there we saw yoongi rubbing his elbow that he, presumably, just bumped into the shelf next to him.

"H-hey.. only staff is alowed back here..." Hoseok smiled and walked closer and closer to Yoongi until his back hit the wall.

Hoseok smile... The damn smile... yoongi swallowed the lump that he felt in his throat and managed to whisper "I could get in trouble.." it's a lie, his boss works morning shift and left as soon as Yoongi got there.

Hoseok placed a hand on Yoongis lower back, sending shivers down the older ones spine, "How would they know what happened between his in here?"

Yoongi's breath hitched as it got caught in his throat. It was odd, He just met this guy this morning and hates people in general, let alone this close... but he felt so comfortable. Yoongi felt as though hours passed with the two of them together like that, him stammering to try and come up with a response.

In reality it was only two seconds after Hoseok said that line that he pulled away from Yoongi, the hand that was on Yoongi's back pulling a little loose thread off of his sweater, shaking it in front of Yoongi teasing his as if he were a cat and that string was a toy.

Normally if someone were to hypothetically pull that stunt Yoongi would glare at them and tell them to fuck off, but after he looked up wide-eyed at Hoseok and saw him smiling...

Yoongi's response has no sound or words, but red-faced, he smiled back.

--------------------------------------------

(Author's note)

It's been a while hasn't it? I hope some of ya'll will read this lolol

I'm hoping to stay motivated with writing these stories so I can do something other than school and work lmao