viii. DON'T BREAK ON ME

chapter eight,

don't break on me.

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

[edited] 8.

with my arms around his waist and his wrapped along my neck, we both were scared to unravel from each other. scared of what was to come next. scared of what we had just revealed.

he pulled away, though. i didn't. his expression was easily read, and with his blank yet powerful expression, i could see that he was nervous. for my reaction to his hug, probably.

i wanted whatever we had to be appreciated, so he shouldn't be nervous. at all.

he stared at my reddening face with a serious one, our position finally settling in. i could kiss him. i could lean forward, only a couple of centimetres, and press my lips upon his.

but, i chose not to. if we were going to be serious, i wanted to take it slowly. want to make sure that we were both in it for good, and that it wasn't one-sided. it would take time.

time i was willing to wait, only for him.

he looked down from our intense eye contact, shakily breathing, "you don't know how nervous i am right now." he admitted, his hands finding their way back to my neck while reaching my hair and threading through the strands.

"why?" i asked, bringing my hand away from his body and lifting his chin up with the tip of my finger. i loved this. the feeling of being in control. making him feel things that he desperately deserved to feel.

"being this close to you," he started, his deep voice claiming our intimacy as romantic, "it's nerve racking." he took his time thinking out his sentences, making sure to say everything correctly; his words coming across how he intended them to, "i don't want to mess anything up."

"that makes both of us." i replied, and questioned if that was enough. i wasn't lying. i was being truthful. holding him the way i was right now, feeling the way his clothes hugged his body, i had never shown so much love in an action. hell, i never showed my love to anyone before.

"you can't leave, now." darryl spoke quickly, looking deeply into my eyes. "you're seeing me. really seeing me. you can't take off.  i'm in too deep."

i smiled a small smile, tapping his nose gently, "i wasn't planning on it."

he blushed, looking down again. i wrapped my arms around him for the second time, embracing him in another warm hug.

"thank you." darryl said, rubbing circles on my back. i no longer felt any remorse for spending that money.

"it was only three things." i told him, hugging him tighter, "i'll get you something better one day."

"i wasn't thanking you for that. but, thank you." he replied, "i'm thanking you for believing in me these past days. i've never met someone like you before. you're different. a good different."

he doesn't understand how much he had helped me, too. 

"i know a good person when i see one." i softly breathed, pulling away and walking over to my bed. he followed swiftly, and with every step he took, i could feel my heart beating a little faster, and my hands becoming a little more twitchy.