xi. MORE THAN ANYTHING

chapter eleven,

more than anything.

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

[unedited] 11.

in darryl's car, our hands were linked together, sitting in between us. i asked him, "can you drive properly with one hand?" and he replied, "i can do anything, honey."

my patched hand was sat in my lap, looking sad. i glanced out the window, the trees blending in with everything else nature had to provide. it was pretty.

"can i roll down the window?"

darryl nodded, "you don't need to ask me that." and smiled, "you're royalty, remember?"

"yeah, yeah." i smiled too. by opening the window, the fresh air felt refreshing. it filled my lungs with confidence and hope, wishing me good luck on our "date".

"this is a date, right?" i questioned, peering over my shoulder to look at him. we arrived at a stop light and he looked over, "if that's what you want."

"it is what i want. is it what yo—" "more than anything." he interrupted, squeezing our hands gently.

during this date, i'll try my best to forget. forget about things like my panic attacks, his disease, kit's not blue, my loss of money. with him, everything was okay.

making up random conversation, i wondered, "have you gotten any noise complaints? for the music blasting, i mean." because his father has been blaring music lately, but it didn't annoy me as much, because darryl had always been with me during it.

"no." darryl stated, "no one has really noticed, actually."

"really?" i was confused. "that's weird. if i can hear it from my room, i could only imagine what the people living beside you thought. also, why do you still have the 'for sale' sign in yo—"

"we're here!" darryl exclaimed, pulling into the parking lot of a 'east side mario's'. "i've never been here before, but i've hear many good things about it." he smiled excitedly, pulling into a parking spot.

it looked clean, and we walked hand in hand to the door. there was a lady standing with a book in her hand, giving me a sweet smile, "have you booked a reservation?"

"no." i said, pursing my lips. i didn't know we needed a reservation.

"oh, that's perfectly okay then. there isn't a long wait, maybe five minutes at max? is it a table for one or..?"

"table for two." i spoke up, and she nodded, "got it. follow me, sir."

me and darryl followed her to a booth, and i felt accomplished. these looked way more comfortable than the other seats.

"i'll come with your menus." she told us, and then she was gone. i zipped off my sweater and placed it on the seating beside me, looking up to darryl's smiling face. my eyebrows scrunched, and i felt my face turn hot, "what?"

"it's our first date. isn't this exciting? ooh, what should we get? should we share something!" he rambled on.

"it's so, very exciting. look at me! i'm on a date with the hottest man i know!" i exclaimed, and he shushed me, "zak! oh my goodness!"

"i'm only telling the truth." i shrugged, "you're some kind of sex-god or som-"

his eyes widened, face palming, "aaa! stopp!"

"okay, sorry, sorry. didn't know some facts would offend you." i said, leaning forward and admiring his adorable face. "you're just.. adorable."

"see, i appreciate that." he told me, leaning lower to the table and whispering, "but, if i was being honest, i'm glad that i'm going out with the hottest man i know, too."