stupid bird

New text message from Pheles:
all classes have been canceled today.

(Y/n) smiled to herself, and pulled the covers back over her.

*Ring, Ring*

"Hello?"

"That doesn't mean you get back to bed, get yourself to the auditorium!"

She hung up, laid on her bed for a couple of minutes, regretting every decision she had made up to this point.

Eventually, she got dressed and went to the academy.

"I hate school, really truly hate school," (Y/n) complained, she hated waking up early, and the time zones here really messed up her sleeping schedule.

She heard a scream, this early in the morning? And started running towards the direction of the sound.

"Rin!" (Y/n) shouted, pulling out her sword. "Excalibur!"

She ran up to the bird-shaped demon, only grazing it before it quickly moved away.

She heard gunshots.

And the demon broke through the window and escaped.

"Stupid bird, I could've gotten that darling," (Y/n) sighed and got down from the desk.

"I'm sorry darling, maybe next time?" Yukio replied back to her, surprising himself in the process. DARLING? I SAID DARLING?

Not only did he surprised himself but (Y/n) was taken aback by his sentence. She laughed to herself then went over to his side. "I knew you would come around."

"No."

—————-

(Y/n) really wanted to go with Yukio, but Lord Pheles had you assigned with Shura and that one other teacher who kept on talking about his 'kitty cat'. You happily obliged since you were with Shura but didn't like the company of the other one.

"Who's kitty cat?"

Before Tsubaki could brag could his 'kitten' Shura interrupted them, pointing to a portal that was within a small van.

"What the," They started and snuck inside. Suddenly they were overcome by a chill. It was snowing?

"Okay, Tsubaki you stay here while we go explore."

"Hey? WHAT?!?! DON'T LEave me!" He begged as he tried to keep the portal open with his legs.

"So cold." Shura covered herself with her coat, as the two females proceed to look around, until the came across a burned down laboratory.

"What the hell is this place?"

———————

"So Miwa was saved by Rin Okumura, is that it?" Lord Pheles asked.

Yukio looked up from the ground. "Shima and Suguro has sustained some minor injuries but they'll be fine."

Phelps nodded, "That's good to hear. I'm still curious about how that demon was able to tear through our barrier."

"Well the only way it could be if someone used a key," Shura explained. "It's pretty obvious really."

(Y/n) spoke up, "Tsubaki, Shura and I found the portal in a parking lot in town. We found a torched lab in this big forest."

"Research lab?" Yukio asked, clearly confused on what a research lab would prove significant.

Shura nodded, "It wasn't a typical lab either, they were experimenting with artificial life."

"Something the Vatican banned for over three centuries," (Y/n) finished.

Lord Pheles looked particularly happy at this sudden news, she still was still skeptical about him. She wasn't sure if it was because of his smile or just the fact that he was a demon.

"We should quickly open an investigation then." Pheles declared and dismissed us back to business.