chapter 53

I sat nervously in the car as Stanford drove me to the city.

I watched as the buildings blurred into each other, my stomach was full of flutters and I was excited about what the night would hold.

And nervous.

Would tonight be the night? I wondered if I was really ready, but when I thought of his warm touch and kind eyes, the way he made me feel , I knew I was and as the car pulled in front of Phillips office building, I felt my excitement grow and I knew I had the biggest smile on my face.

It had been a very stressful two weeks.

I had finished my last exam that morning and had listened to Simmi talk endlessly about this new club her brother was the new DJ of over lunch

  I wasn’t as happy as I thought I would be.

The exams were done and I was no longer a university student, whose life revolved around lectures, exams and assignments. I was now an unemployed job seeker and it scared me.

It was also my birthday but unlike my parents and brother who had called early in the morning, my dear husband said nothing, he had done nothing and even Martha and Stanford were silent.

I had gone home in a listless state, thinking that all the people who had become my world had forgotten my birthday.

True to his word, Phillip hadn’t touched me   since the day after his birthday. If I fell asleep in the study he would carry me back to my room and I would wake up alone.

He had been caring and considerate, making sure that I wasn’t disturbed at home and that my meals were nutritious.
But he hadn’t touched me in the same way again which was driving me insane and I wondered if he had lost interest in me but I shook that thought out of my head.

I wasn’t paying attention as I walked into my room, but I sure as hell noticed that the room was empty – all my belongings were gone!

Everything except for a cobalt blue box on the bed.

My hands shook a little as I opened the note that was attached to the box.

‘ Happy birthday my love,
No, I haven’t forgotten!
I have moved you back to our room.”

I picked up the box and walked down the hall back to my old room and as I turned the handle and opened the door I was met with the most exquisite scent of flowers.

There were huge bouquets of flowers spread out all over the room.

22 of them.

A bouquet of flowers for every birthday I had ever had.

Hanging on the wardrobe was a garment back.

‘ I think this will look stunning on you. Get dressed, Stanford will drive you to your next surprise” said the note attached to the garment bag.

I stood there in shock.  I card, a cake or a balloon would have been enough but now I was standing in what was like the middle of a florist, the blue box unopened  in my arm and I felt very special.

He was certainly putting in a lot of effort .

Excitedly I opened the box and looked inside and smiled excitedly when I saw what was inside, then rushed to get dressed so I could see Phillip just that little bit quicker.

I didn’t notice that Stanford had parked outside Phillips city office.

“ Ma’am , Master Phillip as requested that you join him in his office.” Stanford said with his usually formalness. “ Have a great evening.”

If felt so strange being back here after so many weeks.

Everything was still the same yet somehow ,it all felt different. I was no longer walking into this place unsure and scared. This place was part of  my life, like Philip was.

As I stepped out of the car , I was nervous, the outfit I had on was something that my mother would have never let me out of the house in – a red wide leg halter jumpsuit with a deep cut front and a low cut back. I had felt so exposed that I used a tailored black blazer to cover myself up, but the most impressive item of my outfit was the red, Swarovski crystal encrusted heels that that made my feet look like they were on fire with every step I took.

He had had them custom made for me and I loved them.

I held my breath as the lift went up and the doors opened. I didn’t know what to expect. I memories that it would bring back, bit as I stepped into Phillip’s office, I got the shock of my life.

It had completely changed.

The old hardwood furniture was gone, replaced with sleek modern furniture, the carpets had been pulled out and replaced and the drapes had been changed.

It didn’t even slightly resemble the old office I was used to.

As I stepped into the office, the door shut quietly behind me and his hands crept around me.

‘ you look amazing.” He said , ‘ What’s this?’ he said pulling the collar of my blazer.

‘ I got a bit cold.” I said, which wasn’t entirely a lie, as I turned to face him and wrapped my hands around his neck.

He smiled as he leaned into kiss me, it was soft at first but his hands slid down and cupped my arse and his fingers slid up into the blazer and  his fingers caressed the soft skin in my back, I moaned as that the feeling of desire flushed all over me, the heat building up in me, that tug and pull that I felt, and I pressed myself into him as I opened my mouth, inviting his tongue in.

It got intense, as he pushed me back onto one of the walls and lifted my leg to almost straddle him and he pushed himself back onto me, I could fell the hardness in his pants but was lost as he sent kisses down my neck down the front of my low cut outfit.

I was lost.