Chapter: 7

Jesse's outfit^^^^^

I was almost done getting ready when I heard a truck pull up outside. I hoped Dan did not answer the door. He was about to leave for Ranks Unleashed anyway. I pulled my denim jacket on and grabbed my hat before walking down the hall. "Where are you going?" Dan asked. "Hopefully a successful date." I answered. "With who?" He asked.

"A roper." I answered. "Jeez." He sighed. "Least he's not a player that might cheat on me like the last one." I said. "True. Go have fun. I want to meet him before a second date." He said. "Ok. Goodnight and don't get killed. I would hate to bury your a**." I told him right before Cox knocked on the door. I answered it smiling.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded closing the door behind me. He opened his passenger door letting me get in. Once I was seated he went around and got in. "Wow." "What?" I asked him. "You look stunning tonight." He said. "Thank you. You look handsome." I told him. He did. Freshly shaven, what appeared to be starched jeans, ironed pearlsnap, could he get any cuter?

He pulled up to a place called Grumps. "Don't let the name fool you sweetheart. It has the best burgers this side of Ft. Worth." He said. Ok. I'll trust him. He got out and before I could he opened my door. We both walked up to the door hand in hand. He opened the door and led the way to a booth away from everyone. A waitress came and took our drink order before asking if we knew what we wanted to eat.

I didn't know what to order. "Want me to order for the two of us?" Cox asked. "Please?" I asked. He said what he wanted and I said the same only no tomatoes on mine. "Allergic?" He asked. "No. Weird taste and texture. If the texture doesn't settle with me then the whole thing doesn't." I said.

"I'm the same way with coconut." He said. "So am I! If it was a fine powder I'd be perfectly fine with it. But if it's the shavings no way will I even touch the food." I said. All through dinner, we ate and talked about anything and everything. He went silent and was watching the door until he scooted closer to the half wall.

"Who is it?" I asked him. "Kolt and Kady. They must be here to grab dinner before he goes out to Ranks Unleashed." He said. "I wouldn't let them ruin it." I said. "Knowing Kady and her big mouth she will." He said. "Anything else planned for tonight?" I asked. "Wait and see sweetheart. Wait and see." He said before he took a drink of his shake.

He briefly put a finger to his lips before lowering it. Then pulled out his phone. "Are you over reacting?" I asked him. "Like I said, Kady's mouth can get her into trouble some days." He said. The couple sat down away from us and waited for their food. Cox let out a deep sigh. "I wouldn't worry too much. If it was someone on my team, I would have waited until later for confrontation." I said.

"You're absolutely right Jess. I'll wait until he asks about it and let him think he knows what is exactly going on." He said. "Who's the person that you absolutely do not want to find out right now?" I asked him. "Chaz. He knows you and where you are from. That could put a huge damper on everything." He said.

"Well, he may need to get over it. Once we leave high school, there is no such thing as high school rivalry anymore. Maybe college, but not high school." I said. He smiled. "Would you like to continue with our date?" He asked. "Sure." I answered. He paid for the meal before we went back to his truck.

He drove a little ways before pulling up to a movie theater. "Any movie you would like to see?" He asked. "Definitely the Addams Family." I told him. We went in and got our tickets. Then got our popcorn and drinks. We went into the theater room and found us seats. About halfway through I set my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around my shoulders.

His lips barely brushed my forehead as we watched the movie together. When it was over, he took me home and walked me to my door. "I had fun tonight." I said. "I did too. Would you like to go on another date next Thursday?" He asked. "I would love to." I answered. "Oh. One more thing before then. Dan wants to officially meet you." I said.

"I'm ok with it. He's watching you while your brother is out of the house and wants to know my name and face just in case you turn up missing a night you're with me." He said. I chuckled. "Something like that." I said. He kissed my forehead before making sure I got into the house. As soon as I closed the door I was ecstatic.

That actually was my very first date and it went amazing! I can't wait for a second one.