Chapter: 20

"Both of my parents pulled guns on each other." He said. I hugged him. He hugged me back. I held onto him. I kissed his neck. He then sniffled. I held him even tighter. I kissed his temple. "It'll get better. Less than a year till the both of us can move out of our houses." I said. He squeezed me tighter.

He didn't say anything. He didn't need to. He needed someone there for him, as much as I needed him. In the nearly two months we have been dating, he's became like a security blanket. I can tell him everything and he can do the same with me. If he couldn't say it, I let him wrap his arms around me and hold onto me while I'm holding onto him.

It's our intimate moments that draw us closer to each other. "They almost pulled the trigger on each other." He finally said with a cracked voice. I held him tighter. "It will pass Cox. They will see that they are by themselves in the house and work it out, because they don't want their kids to see them like that. Even you." I said.

He squeezed me a little tighter. He nodded. "Ok." He pulled back to look into my eyes. "I'm going to trust you on that." He said. "I've seen it happen before. My parents fought over anything. They walked out of the room that my brother and I were in before they argued." I said. He pulled me closer to his body. "I love you baby." He said. "I love you too. Let's go get some sleep. We both are going to need it." I said. He picked me up and carried me to the bed. We laid out together on it before cuddling close.

His face was red with tear stains lining his cheeks. I didn't care. I've bawled my eyes out in front of him. We held each other tightly as we fell asleep in the bed covered from the cold that tried to surround us. I woke up before Cox did. He was still holding onto me and not letting go.

I stretched out before moving closer to the side. He let me go not even trying to pull me back. I grabbed my crutches hobbling to the main area. I grabbed our breakfast and started fixing it. Arms wrapped around my waist. "Morning." I said. "Morning baby." He said. "Sleep good?" I asked.

He nodded against my neck and kissed the crook of my neck. "What are you doing today?" Cox asked muffled by my neck. "Nothing." I replied. He kissed my neck again. "Wish we could stay here." He said. "Have to leave by noon." I said. He chuckled. "I'll help you clean up." He said.

We ate breakfast before cleaning up the areas we used. Still no sex yet. We parted ways for the afternoon then, he picked me up around five for our date. We decided on a movie date tonight since I'm on crutches. When it was over we went to a place to eat before he dropped me off at my house.

Dan was no where in sight. Even his bedroom door was open. I guess him and some buddies went to the bonfire tonight. I got a sponge bath before getting into bed. It will be a little bit before he comes in. I fell asleep and didn't hear anything until morning. Dan was passed out on his bed with a bottle still in his grasp.

Chances are, he drove home and got even more wasted than at the bonfire. I fixed myself breakfast before getting a call from Kady. "Hey." I said. "Hey. What ya doing today?" She asked. "Sitting on my a** and pigging out." I answered. "Sounds like you need out of the house." She said. "I've got to prop my leg up so it doesn't swell." I told her.

"Was going to invite you to our little Friendsgiving today. You don't have to bring anything with you. We have plenty of food and room to do whatever." She said. "Where is it going to be?" I asked. "Well, the Langstons offered to let us have it at their place." She said. "Ok. What time?" I asked. "About two this afternoon. You can come as early as you want though. All of us are going to be coming at different times. Main course is at six." She said.

"Ok. Let me see if I absolutely will be sitting on my butt all day and let ya know if I'm going to come." I told her. "Ok. See you then." She said like I was already going. As soon as I got off the phone with her, Cox was calling. "It's about the Friendsgiving isn't it?" I asked him as I answered. "How did you know?" He asked. "Kady just called." I told him. "Dang it." He said.

I chuckled at him. "You want me to come with you this afternoon." I said. "Please? We need one more dessert for it tonight. I was thinking bout those famous brownies you made one night and how good they really are." He said. "You would have to carry it." I told him. "It's a deal baby." He said.