Chapter: 23

I stood watching out the window. It's Christmas Eve and Cox wanted to take me on a special date tonight. Justin was sitting on the couch watching tv. "Just come sit down. He will be here when he gets here. You know my rule about all this." Justin said. I sat down on the opposite side of the couch. The door was knocked on.

Justin got up to answer it. "You are to be here by ten tonight. Any later and no seeing him during the rest of the break." Justin said. "Fine." I said. He answered the door, said his bit then let me go with Cox. "Now I know why the others run." Cox said. The both of us were dressed up. He was taking me to a fancy restaurant in Fort Worth. It was The Cheesecake Factory.

We both ordered the same thing and ate while talking. When it was time for dessert, we ordered different slices. And shared each other's. Once our dinner was over, we walked the block before heading back to his truck. "I know this is cheesy, and horrible, but I've known since I met you, you are the love of my life. You may have been the only actual girl that I have dated. I want to keep dating you. Even after high school.

"I want to keep dating you even after you take my last name." He said. I could feel hot tears on my cold cheeks. He wiped them away. I want to ask you to marry me. I know my parents will deny that we truly love each other. I can't. I can't deny that I love you with my whole life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Even if it means we fight and fuss with each other. I would love for you to be the one I'm arguing with as long as you are by my side through all of life's turns." He said.

I smiled at him. "I want the same. We are great together. I want a life with you. I want to do life with you. I love you. I want to marry you." I told him. He smiled. He leaned down. I stood on my toes to kiss him. He sipped something on my finger. We broke apart. I looked down at my finger. A simple band rested on in.

"Perfect fit. This will have to do until my parents believe we are not too young to get married." He said. I smiled. "I already spoke to your brother and cousin. I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear that we're staying together." He said. "I'm sure they will be too." I told him. He kissed me before we went to get in his truck.

"I'll do the explaining to Justin. You don't need the heat from this tonight." He said. I smiled. We got to my house thirty minutes past curfew. He walked me to the door and kissed me goodnight. Just before I was about to open the door, Justin opened the door. "Room." He said.

I went to my room. Before he could close the door, Cox spoke up. He covered for me like he said he would. I couldn't listen because Dan was there making sure I was going to my room. I kept a smile playing on my lips though. They didn't have a clue as to why Cox loves me like this. "Have a fun night?" Dan asked. "I did." I said.

"Probably should have paid attention to the time." He said. "Could have skipped the walk around the block." I said. "Let me see the ring." He said. I showed him. "Was it an official proposal with the kneeling? Or was it just a promise for a real proposal?" He asked. "Promise. His parents aren't too keen with us getting married right out of high school." I said.

"Least Justin won't have to threaten him just yet." He said. I shrugged. Justin appeared. "Your boyfriend covered for you. Don't let it happen again." He said. I smiled as he went to his room. Dan gave me a warning look. "It won't happen again." I said. He smirked. They know I'm the good child. I prefer to be the good child too.