Chapter: 13

I got up out of bed with intentions to do what I could tonight to keep myself safe from elimination. I got dressed and put Cox's necklace on. I've worn it everyday since he gave it to me. The last thing I did was throw my boots on and head out the door. Dan has to catch a ride with me today since his vehicle was giving him trouble.

I put my straw hat on the dash and we went to school. "You better beat your boyfriend tonight." He said. "I'm definitely going to try." I said. He shot me a glare. "They are just as good as us. You just have to worry about who will beat you tonight. I know there are five teams exactly that will get to the finals in team roping." I said.

He didn't say anything else. Once parked at the school, we parted ways. I stood waiting for class to start while Dan went off somewhere else, most likely to screw some girl. I was scrolling through my Facebook when Cox sent me his good morning text. 'Morning baby. I'll see you tonight. Have a great day!' -C

That always brought a smile to my face. The first bell rang in no time. I walked to my class and sat down in my seat. Aaron sat down nearby. I glanced over at him seeing his face a little bruised.

"Bull get ya?" I asked him. "Hm?" He asked. "Did a bull stomp you last night?" I asked. "No. Mace punched me for saying something about you." He said. "Why?" I asked. "Because you are his buddy's girl. And because said buddy was not there and on a date with you last night." He said.

"Probably shouldn't of said it then." I said turning back to the front. "You look good today." He said. "Can it a**hole." I told him. Yeah I'm mean to him, it's mostly because he's tried to get in my pants when he needs to stay in his. When class ended I went directly to my next class.

All day long. When evening hit, I was at the rodeo grounds preparing for our run tonight. I spotted Cox and Chaz pull up before mounting Twister and going to get dinner for Cox and I. He said no to me buying, too late babe. I already paid for it.

I spotted him and Chaz walking this way. He shook his head when he saw I already had our food. "How much was it?" He asked. "None of your business." I told him. He put his hands on his hips. Then shook his head again. "Might as well get use to it babe. I'm one that will repay and not even care." I said as I handed him his food.

We both ate quickly before separating to get ready. Zeek glared at me before mounting his horse. Broncs went first, then all of the roping events back to back, then the steer wrestling events, ending with barrel racing and bull riding. Cox and Chaz got first place tonight with their score. Zeek thought it was my fault, I glared at him for it.

I was about to punch him when Dan stepped between us. I went to tell Cox goodnight and goodbye before him and Chaz left. "What do you want?" Chaz asked as I rode up. "To congratulate you two tonight on taking the win." I said. Cox came out of the trailer just then.

"You know, if it comes to a tie then they'll make us run again after everyone has gone." Cox said. "True. Let's not hope for a tie and one or the other wins." I said. "You're going anyway aren't you?" Chaz asked. "Goats and breakaway possibly." I said. "Probably choose one or the other." He said. "They'll be looking closely at event points next week to completely determine who is and who is not." Cox said.

"They will. I honestly don't care if I do make it team roping." I said. Chaz had a look of hope in his eyes. Cox came over to me. "Night baby." He said leaning on my saddle and leg. "Night. See you sometime this weekend or next week before Thursday." I said. "It might be Thursday when we do see each other." He said. "Yeah. And Friday is final elimination." I said.

"I wouldn't worry about it right now." He said. "Come on we have to go if we are going to the bonfire tonight." Chaz said. "Meet me there." He told me. I smiled. Send me the place." I told him. He winked at me before turning and going to his truck. Chaz already had it locked and ready to pull out.

I turned Twister and headed to the trailer. We went back to the ranch, dropped our horses off and part ways. I met Cox at the bonfire and found his truck. I parked in front of it since there was no room in the circle. I walked into view of him and he immediately pulled me to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and barely shivered.

"Cold?" He asked. "Barely." I told him. "One moment." He said before going to his truck. He came back with something in his hand. "Try this on." He said handing it to me. I unwadded it to see what it was. A hoodie with his school on it. I put it on. It was two sized too big, but it fit just right. I snuggled into it. It even smelled like him.

He sat back down beside me and pulled me back to him. Someone cranked the music up so we could dance. He pulled me off the tailgate and spun me around. 'Amazed' by Lonestar started playing. I didn't know Cox could really dance until he danced with me. I let him lead the whole song. As it faded, he pulled me close to him. We were not the only ones out there dancing slow.

It was when he kissed me when I truly felt how much he loved me.