Chapter 4 - magical encounter

Izzie

I take deep breathes. My nerves are strained as I'm so nervous to hang out with Casey today. It's the first time of being alone since the day she first kissed me. We haven't had any privacy since then and I admit I'm craving her touch.

‚Okay, get your shit together, it's Casey not the pope', I tell myself and finally ring the bell. Two seconds later someone's probably stumbling down the stairs because I can hear rumbling noises.

The door opens and a Casey who's out of breath appears.

„You fell down the stairs, didn't you?", I tell her.

„Guess you could say I fell for you", she responds, sounding like her quirky self.

As an answer I pull in to kiss her. My one hand caressing her cheek and the other grabbing her at her neck. I feel her hands on my waist and she pulls me closer. Our lips move in sync and I feel her smiling under our kiss which causes me to smile. My legs are getting weak and my tummy is tingling. It's like she's sending electricity right through my body.

Casey is slowly moving backwards without stopping to kiss me and closes the door shut, since we were standing in the doorframe.

Eventually she pulls away and looks me in the eye, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, but still holding me at my waist.

„You look beautiful", she says.

„You haven't even really looked at me", I point out.

„I don't have to, to know you look beautiful. You always do."

„You're a cheese ball, Newton", I answer.

She smiles and releases me out of the hug.

I take a look at the living room. The Gardner's house is nice. Even though Casey thinks it's not a big deal, I think it's more of a home than most other houses. It's funny how I feel more at home here, than I do at my own home. That's probably because their door is always open for me and Elsa did more for me than my own mother. The thought of Elsa let's me notice something...

„Hey, are Elsa and Doug not home?", it's not common for them to not greet their guest.

„Yes, they are gone, going shopping I think. Sam's upstairs, he'll help us later. You want to say hi to him?"

„Of course, plus I want to see his turtle which is also a toirtoise", I tell her, sprinting up the stairs.

~~~

Casey

It's been 15 minutes now and Sam and Izzie are still talking about tortoises and somehow they started talking about Antarctica too, which basically means Sam won't shut up about it for the next 30 minutes.

I lean my head against the backrest of Sam's bed and watch them talk.

It's good they are getting along so well. Evan and Sam got along, too, but with Izzie he has a connection. Can't believe they stacked against me just because of this goddamn tortoise.

„... and it's very windy there. In fact it's the windiest place on earth.", Sam states, his eyes lighting up.

„I didn't know that about Antarctica! Apparently there are a lot of things I didn't know about it", Izzie responds.

I scoot up to them: „Well, nobody knows as much as Sam about Antarctica. He's an expert", I tell her, being somehow proud of my brother for being a total nerd.

I climb out of the bed and grab Izzie's hand, forcing her to stand up.

„Sam, how about we start studying after dinner?", I suggest. Izzie and I will have some time alone this way.

„Sounds good, I still have to draw my painting for college and Paige wants to skype too. She wants to discuss our magical encounter we had the other day in the dorm and..."

„OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH, try to unhear, try to unhear! Let's go Izzie!, I say, pulling her in my room and closing the door behind us.

„I'm sorry if you're being distraught now", I joke, which causes her to giggle.

„Don't be, I like Sam. He's cool", Izzie is coming closer to me, putting her arm around my neck and stealing a quick peck on the lips. She then pulls away again and sits herself on the bed, putting herself under the covers.

I decide to lay down next to her.

„You're having all of the blanket, let me have some!", I demand, but all she does is chuckle and grabbing even more of the blanket.

„God I hate you sometimes, shouldn't you know how to share, being not an only child?!", I ask, but she doesn't even say anything about it.

„We both know you don't hate me", Izzie points out.

„True, I despise you", a pillow is landing on my head and a hand is tickling me at my waist, causing me to laugh till tears come.

„Okay, okay, I don't despise or hate you", I say in between laughs, „I like you."

„I like you too, Newton", she places her chin on my chest and looks me in the eyes while drawing circles on my collarbones with her fingers.

As I'm making a move to kiss her the door opens and Elsa is standing in the doorframe.

Izzie and I jump away from each other, but I don't think we were quick enough. Haven't this woman ever heard of knocking on a goddam door? Jeez.

„Oh hi Izzie, I didn't know you were here. I just wanted to let you know dinner is ready. Are you staying over for dinner, Izzie? I made lasagna."

„Uhm, eh yeah I'm staying for dinner. Lasagna sounds great!", Izzie says obviously still a bit in shock. Elsa catched us almost kissing for the second time now. I bet she wants to talk when Izzie's gone. Damn it.

„Okay, come down when you're ready", and with that she leaves, but not without doing a small wink in my direction. This woman, I swear to god.