Chapter 1

Butters woke up to loud yelling and sounds of crying. His parents were fighting once again. He sighed, having been used to this already. Sitting up in his bed, he rubbed his eyes and looked at his alarm clock. 6:43 am is what it read.

A loud bang sounded throughout the house, making Butters jump out of bed and onto the floor. Wide-eyed, he ran out of his bedroom and down the stairs towards the commotion.

"Why don't you just tear our family apart some more Stephen!" Mom screamed and threw her arms up into the air.

"Oh please, all I ever do is support this family. You're just being an ungrateful bitch!" Dad was fuming and looked like he was going to throw a glass this time instead of what looked like a broken plate on the floor.

"Mom! Dad! Please stop fighting! Why don't we just sit down for breakfast and talk about this?" Butters wanted his parents to stop fighting and for his mom to stop bawling her eyes out every night. He could hear every conversation they had with each other. It was easy to hear since they were always arguing. Of course, they weren't loud enough for people to notice, or people just didn't care.

"Leopold. You are the cause of us fighting all the time. You know that, right? If you weren't here we would be happy. Don't you think you disappoint us enough?"

He just wanted a happy family. Was that too much to ask for? Did he deserve this? He knew his parents deserved to be happy, but with all the years of his father telling him he wasn't important or good enough, he thought maybe he was right.

Mom ignored what Dad said and sighed, muttering, "You aren't a part of this conversation, sweetie. Please just get ready for school."

My eyes went wider and I wanted to cry. I just needed to go back upstairs and not let them see me weak. I quietly left and went towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. I didn't need to eat today. I went to my room and changed from my pj's into a bright blue hoodie, a pair of black jeans, and some black converse.

I pulled my sleeves up to see various scars across my arm. Some were from me and others weren't. Luckily it's pretty cold year-round here, so no one cares if I wear long sleeves all the time.

No one would care anyway if they saw the scars and bruises that went all along my body. I didn't get bullied at school, just ignored. I gave up trying to talk to people other than Tweek, Jimmy, and Timmy.

Maybe my father was right. I was the cause of their pain. I'll make it up to them, I know I can.

I pulled down my sleeves and went to my window. My parents were still yelling at each other rather than having a normal conversation like normal people. I didn't want to get yelled at again, so I opened up my window and jumped onto the tree branch near me. I climbed down the tree and started walking out of my backyard. I was used to climbing my tree to get out of the house, so it was easy for me now.

I plugged in my earbuds and started playing music. I made it to my bus stop and waited for the bus. No one really came to my bus stop, sometimes Tweek, but otherwise I was alone. The bus pulled up and I got on, going straight to one of the middle seats. I didn't want to sit next to anyone and I doubt anyone wanted to sit next to me. I listened to a song called Not Today by Twenty One Pilots. My music taste went from Cavetown to Panic.

The bus driver pulled up to Cartman's stop. All four of them were there. Kyle and Eric were fighting, while Stan looked completely done. Kenny had his hood up, covering his face but I could tell he was tired. He kind of looked dead, but I knew he wasn't a zombie.

As they got onto the bus, I looked away and BMC came on. Michael was my favorite character, but Rich was a close second. I loved a lot of musicals and-