Chapter 10

Play song at Kenny's pov ;)

Butters pov:

The Halloween dance was only a few hours away and I looked like total, as Eric would say, ass licking shit.

I had put some Hello Kitty ice packs on the marks on my neck, and it seemed to be going away. The Hello Kitty ice parks were from when I was a child, but I didn't care because they still worked either way.

When my mom saw me Saturday morning, her face held terror and regret. I felt like crying just because of her reaction. I had to reassure her that it wasn't her fault because she was at work and couldn't have known.

She asked if there was anything she could do to improve my condition, and I smiled sheepishly.

Here we were, standing in her closet.

"This is for your costume? Why did you decide to be... well this?" My mom inquired, staring at the note Wendy had written me.

"If I go dressed as that then I get in for free. It's worth the humiliation, I think? I hope Eric is something funny." I giggled, imagining him in a tutu.

"Well, I think I have something red for you to wear. If you want I can do your makeup too. Oh, I've always wanted to do this!" My mother clapped her hands together, going to get her makeup.

"Uh-" I proceeded to object, but she was already going into her bathroom.

Instead of dreading that, I rummaged through her clothes and ended up finding the perfect outfit.

I shooed my mom out of the bathroom and took my clothes off. Was I really going through with this? Maybe all the costumes will be humiliating?

I stared at myself in the mirror, and almost snorted; however, I might as well just roll with it.

I stepped out of the bathroom and my mother gasped. "Aw, sweetie you look pretty! Now let me do your makeup. Oh and I have boots for you to wear."

Makeup was weird, but in the end I did look pretty, so I wasn't complaining. Mom helped me put on a blonde wig because my character had long blonde hair.

In the end, I wore a red long-sleeved dress, thigh-high black boots, a blonde wig with a braid, and I wore makeup to make myself look more girly. The makeup covered up my marks and the scar on my eye.

"Oh you're just so beautiful." Mom chimed in, smiling wildly at the image of me in a dress.

"I guess so. I just don't know why Wendy chose this for me." I shrugged, feeling weird like this.

"Maybe it's a play on words?" My mother smiled, referring to the name everyone called me. "Well I have to get to work, but I can trust that you'll get there with your friends."

After she left, I put on my final touches to the costume and grinned triumphantly in the mirror. I had texted Tweek that my dad was gone for the weekend and my mom was fine with me going to the dance.

The guys arrived at my house shortly after. Jimmy had told me that Timmy was already at the dance, and he had decided to be It. Jimmy was supposed to be Jimmy Neutron, but I didn't see how that was funny. Wendy had poor humor.

"N-nice costume." Jimmy chuckled. Tweek just stared at me weirdly. It was like he was either trying not to laugh or panic.

Tweek was wearing a trenchcoat, so I questioned him. "What are you supposed to be?"

"Gah, this is way too much pressure! Why did I agree to this!?" Tweek tugged on his coat to cover himself up more.

"H-he-he's a wonder." Jimmy joked.