Chapter 3

I looked at the mirror and noticed the visible slap mark on my face. Sighing, I took a shower, then changed into a blue sweater and some grey sweatpants. I put on some dolphin socks and put on my converse. Inside my desk drawer was concealer and some other makeup. As I was used to my father's beatings, I got pretty experienced in putting makeup on in order to hide my injuries. Tweek must not have noticed my face in all the chaos that happened yesterday, and I was glad for it.

Going down stairs, I noticed my mom making waffles. After saying good morning to her, she set the waffles down on a plate and poured syrup over them. I thanked her and stuffed my mouth with the delicious food.

"Did dad come home?" I questioned with my mouth full.

"No, but he'll probably come home after we're both gone." My mother sighed and ate waffles herself.

When we both finished I washed the dishes and ran up to the bathroom in order to brush my teeth. I grabbed my phone and went out the front door.

Plugging in my ear buds, I hopped enthusiastically towards my bus stop. I wasn't excited to go to school, just to see my friends. The bus came speeding down the road as normal, slamming to a stop in front of me. I got on and walked to a random seat near the back.

Toxic by Britney Spears came on. I felt bad for Britney, even if she bought me as her new pet several years ago. As the song neared it's end, the bus pulled up to the main gang's stop. They got on the bus and sat in the back as well.

Looking over to them, Stan and Kyle were talking about some new video game. Cartman sat down in front of them. Kenny walked to where my seat was, and without saying anything I moved over.

I thought about Stan and Kyle. They were pretty nice too. I suppose the only reason I don't hang with them anymore is because of Cartman. I glanced over to them once again, seeing that Kyle was laughing at something Stan said. It was quite obvious to me that Kyle liked Stan, even if Stan was oblivious to it. Stan was still dating Wendy, so it didn't look too bright for Kyle. Cartman liked Heidi, and maybe I could help all three of them out.

Kenny nudged me, asking if he could listen to my music. He must really like my taste. I gave him my earbud, and he put it in his ear. Fuck You by Lily Allen came on. Holy guacamole! I forgot I had that on my playlist. It's what I wanted to say to my father all these years.

My eyes widened and Kenny chuckled. "Dang Buttercup, didn't know you had it in you. You're pretty interesting." He whispered this.

"It's a good song..." Was all I said. I looked over to the windows clearly embarrassed.

Michael Jackson came on next, which he winced to. He must not like MJ, so I skipped that song. Shakira came on with Hips Don't Lie. Could this get anymore embarrassing?

"Nice." Kenny snorted.

I crossed my arms and puffed my cheeks out. "It's pretty good, okay."

Kenny just started mumbling the lyrics. He must actually like this song then. It was my turn to snort. It was... cute.

Various songs came on throughout the bus ride. Once we got to the school I took out Kenny's ear bud by basically tugging on it since he had his parka on. He pouted but got up anyway.

We parted ways and I went to my locker listening to Abba. I got the stuff I needed and went to Tweek's locker. He was just staring inside blankly.

"Hey Tweek!" I said bubbly.

"Gah!" Tweek jumped and slammed his locker shut. When he noticed it was just me, he calmed down. "Oh hi Butters."

"I almost forgot to tell you, but I found out that Craig really likes space and he wants to be an astronaut. He'll talk about it a lot if you ask him."