Chapter 7

Butters pov:

The rest of Tuesday was a big blur, and there was no sign of a fire having occurred the day before in home economics. This made me convinced that I was just having nightmares about someone I cared about. Though it was still concerning that I had such vivid dreams about death every single day, I was glad that they weren't real. The rest of the school day was boring and I sat next to Stan on the bus.

Sitting next to Stan made me remember my dream of him. Although that dream was very concerning as well, I would like to believe it was purely fake. Looking at Stan now, I observed his tired eyes and little sign of emotion. He seemed exhausted to me, completely devoid of energy all the time. I decided to say something despite my better judgment.

"You never know unless you try." I quietly said to him.

Stan's eyebrows scrunched together, and his eyes wandered to me bewildered. "What?"

"All I'm saying is life sucks but that's just the way it is. Screw it. If you don't try and overcome your problems then there's no way you will be truly happy. Frankly, Stan, I think by doing nothing, you'll miss your chance."

Stanley sat there dumbfounded, or maybe he just thought I was crazy.

"Well this is my stop, think on it, fella." I got off the bus and walked to my house. That felt good like maybe I could actually help him.

The rest of the night, I was at my job. When I got back, I immediately fell onto my bed. Within a few minutes, I fell asleep.

My dream began once again with my little superhero friends.

They were talking about their so-called superpowers

Toolshed asked, "What's your superpower, Mysterion?"

Mysterion responded with "I can't die!'

Toolshed joked, "Oh, yeah, good one. Mysterion can't die and Iron Maiden is indestructible--"

Agitated Mysterion said, "No, Stan, I'm being serious. I really, really can't die!"

Laughing, Stan responded with, "What?"

Mysterion got angry. "Like last night in the alley! The cult leader stabbed me and I bled all over the place and you screamed "Oh, my God!" and you-" He points to Human Kite, "called him a bastard.

Human Kite questioned, "When was that?"

Angrier, Kenny throws his hands up in frustration, "All the time! I die all the time! And you assholes never remember!"

Scoffing, Stan replied, "I think we would remember you dying, dude."

Ken straight up yelled, "Well, you don't! I die over and over! Only to wake up in my bed like nothing happened."

Toolshed went on to say that Kenny freaked out Mint Berry Crunch. He literally pissed his pants.

Disappointedly, Kenny looked towards the ground. "I knew there is no point in telling you guys."

Concerned, Kyle walked over to Kenny and put his hand on Kenny's shoulder. "Okay, dude, let's just say you're not crazy and it's true. What's the big deal? I mean, I think it'd be pretty cool not being able to die."

Mysterion shoved Kyle away. "Pretty cool?! Do you know what it feels like to be stabbed? To be shot? Decapitated? Torn apart? Burned? Run over?"

Stan shouted, "Kenny, Kenny, calm down!"

"It's not pretty cool, Kyle! It fucking hurts! And it won't go away and nobody will believe me!" Kenny walked away from Kyle and pulled out a gun. "Remember this time! Try and fucking remember!"