Chapter 6

Butters pov:

It was the almost the end of October. It had been a week since my dad threatened us. He has been in and out of the house, mainly only showing up to sleep on the couch. I haven't had an actual conversation with him which was fine with me.

I spent the whole time gaining back my strength, but my mom made sure to call the school and say I was visiting Hawaii the whole time. No one came to check if that was true, so it seemed like everyone believed the story. Only Tweek texted me saying how he hoped I'd have a good time. My mom managed to get my homework for the week the day she said I'd be leaving, but I did it all this morning.

Currently, it was Sunday night, and I was passing my time observing every crack in the ceiling of my bedroom.

My nightmares were getting worse, for each time I slept, the more vivid they appeared. Alas, I would have to sleep eventually.

My eyes grew heavier and heavier as everything went dark, surrounding me with a sense of danger and unfamiliarity. As much as I wished to stay awake, my body stayed still, and my mind was dragged to a place all too familiar.

Through my vision, I could see I was behind bars. My hands clasped the jail that contained me. A group of children entered my old friend's basement. Coon and Friends looked around in distraught because their base was in ruins. They instantly blamed this on the Coon, but as Mysterion pointed out, he was nowhere in sight. Captain Hindsight came into view drunkenly and the group had a conversation with him. I found myself muttering an 'uh oh' and answering Mysterion's question unwillingly since I couldn't control my actions. Soon, Mysterion walked into Captain Hindsight's gun, challenging him. Instantly Kyle's voice could be heard, telling Kenny to chill out, but soon the rest of the boys left Kenny and Captain Hindsight alone. Kenny was trying to convince the other superhero to help those in peril, however, the air grew tense.

"You think your power's a curse?! Let me tell you something about curses, buttlicker! Because there's some superpowers that make yours look like nothing! Trust me, I know."

Curiously, Captain Hindsight asked, "Wha-? What is your power?

"I can't die... I've experienced death, countless times. Sometimes I see a bright light. Sometimes I see heaven. Or hell. But eventually, no matter what, I wake up in my bed, wearing my same old clothes." Kenny turned away and continued, "And the worst part? Nobody even remembers me dying. I go to school the next day, and everyone is just like, "Oh hey Kenny." Even if they had seen me get decapitated with their own eyes." He faces the drunk reporter. "You wanna whine about curses, Hindsight? You're talking to the wrong fucking cowboy."

Suddenly, my vision changed to one that occured later that week. The day was victorious for Coon and Friends, well not the evil Coon and Friends.

Toolshed happily exclaimed, "Wow, can you believe it Kenny? Bradley actually had superpowers. Isn't that cool?"

Mysterion looked disappointed and then completely void of emotion. I wanted to reach out to him, and tell him it was okay, that I remembered every single one of his deaths.

He was frowning, as always, as he responded. "Yeah. I'm tired, guys. I think I'm gonna go to bed." Kenny  takes out a gun as the others frown, confused. Mysterion shoots himself in the head. As he falls to the ground with a hole in his head, it seems as though he'd be dead forever, but he would come to school the next day, completely fine.

The other boys jumped back in shock and panic.

Stan yelled, "Oh my God! Holy shit dude!"