New Opportunities

"Holy crap," you panic. You're staring straight ahead and trying to not visibly cower and leave out of embarrassment. "Keep it cool y/n, it's not a big deal it was probably just a coincidence," you try and convince yourself. Pulling out your headphones you put your 'current favorites' playlist to try and calm the social anxiety that has just swarmed your mind. 

An hour passes and you decide to have one more coffee before heading back to the apartment to shower and job search. You go up to order another drink and hear the ding of the door bell once again. You freeze with anxiety. "Did he just leave?" your mind worries. Glancing back you see someone is actually coming in. He's a blonde, taller than you by a little, and quite buff. Your mind finds him appealing but you wonder if all California guys are this good looking. The barista asks you for your name. 

"Oh sorry! It's y/n." you say quickly. 

"Okay, we'll call you when it is ready." She says briskly and turns to go make it. 

Shoving the change back into your wallet you look up to see the blonde sitting with the guy that seems ungodly familiar. You stand by the counter mindlessly scrolling on your phone until your drink is ready. The barista softly says your name to get your attention to hand you your drink. Turning, you head back to your seat at the window. You quickly look at the pair in the booth and see the brunette smile. 

That smile. 

It clicks.   

You make a b-line for their table in a calm and confident manner despite the screaming in your head. 

"Excuse me," you muster to say to the guys. 

They both turn and look at you. Both men are devilishly handsome, which takes you aback. 

You swallow and say "I couldn't but help notice that you," motioning to the brunette, "look extremely familiar." 

He chuckles. "I noticed you when I came in and couldn't help but think the same." 

You feel your cheeks and neck get hot and realize you're blushing. Hard. 

"Did you go to Harding Elementary in Tyler, Texas?" you ask cautiously. 

His eyes grow wide and he nods in shock. The blonde looks at him and then back at you. 

"Damien, do you know her from elementary school?" the blonde asks. 

"I believe so. But I'll be damned if I remember her name ." He retorts. 

They both turn back to you, looking for you to introduce yourself. You subconsciously notice your mouth is wide open and eyebrows raised. "Relax!! Act natural!" you mentally scream at yourself. Letting out a small laugh you introduce yourself. 

"My name is y/n. I actually just moved into an apartment not too far from here today. What an interesting coincidence to see you here." you try and say smoothly. 

The brunette smiles. "Same to you! My name is Damien Haas and this is my best friend Shayne Topp!" 

You can't help but laugh at yourself. How in the world did you manage to meet the exact man you notice so specifically in that yearbook. The world works in such interesting ways. 

Damien looks at you and says "Come sit with us! I noticed you were sitting alone and are more than welcome to sit with us. We're doing some writing for work." 

You are speechless. "Did he just invite me to sit with him after I recognized him from a photo from elementary school?" you mentally note. You grab your stuff from your seat and join the pair. 

Shayne looks up from his computer screen and asks "What brings you to LA?" 

You blush and tell the story, leaving out the part about the yearbook. They didn't need to know about that yet. 

They look at each other and share an interesting look. "What are they thinking," you quickly think. Turning back to you, Damien proposes an idea. 

"What if we had a job that might fit exactly what you were looking for?" 

... 

It's getting late. Will update when I can. Thanks for reading!