The interview

Closing the door behind you, you place your bag down on the floor. The towel has started to soak through the tote so you pull it out and place it in the washing machine. It's dark out, and you find yourself returning to the porch. Sitting on the single chair you get lost in thought about the stars. Time passes and you stay watching the stars. A shooting star traces a line across the sky, causing you to sharply inhale. 

"Should I wish? Okay, so I wish that I get a great job and find love." you open your eyes and the star is gone. A growl comes from your stomach, causing you to realize you haven't eaten in quite a while. Moving back into the kitchen you cook your favorite meal and sit on the couch to eat it. As you eat you scroll through social media. Friends from high school are getting married, graduating college, and having kids. You, on the other hand, are still single, no kids, no pets, no job. It's hard not to compare yourself to others. 

...

Laying down in bed you re-open the email. 

"Just do it." you say out loud. 

Copying the number from the email you send this: 

8: 45 pm Y: Hello Mr. Hecox, this is y/n! I am interested in interviewing for the open position at Smosh. Let me know when you are free and where to meet. I am excited to meet and discuss this position! Thank you for the opportunity. y/n. 

The screen times out and the room goes black. You're thighs burn as you turn to get comfortable. It's unbearably hot with how burnt you are. Cranking your AC to 68 degrees you drift off to sleep. 

... 

ding ding ding ding ding 

Someone is calling you. Abruptly sitting up you frantically search for your phone. Grabbing it right before the call times out, you slide to answer without looking at the name. 

"Hello," you say upbeat.

"Is this y/n?" a stern voice asks. 

"Yes, this is y/n. And this is?" you ask still half asleep. 

"This is Ian Hecox from Smosh. I am calling to coordinate an interview with you. I have a pretty open afternoon and you're welcome to drop into the office and we can discuss the position further. Does that work for you?" he questions. 

You stop breathing for a second. Holy gosh this is real now. 

"Hello?" he asks again. 

"Oh my gosh, sorry. I would love to!" you check your clock, it's 10:15am. 

"I can be there around 3pm if that works," you offer. 

"Perfect. I'll text you the address. Tell the front desk worker that you're here for an interview and they'll send you to me. See you then!" 

"Okay! Thank you!" the call ends. 

The first thing on your mind is to text Damien. Maybe Shayne too. Or the whole squad... Screw it. 

SQUAAAAAAAAAD

10:15am Y: y'all are gunna flip 

10:16am C: wait why, are you good?? 

10:16am O: whatwhatwhat is it

10:17am K: whats up tex

10:18am: N: do tell 

10:20am S: is it what i think it is??? 

10:22am C: shanye what do you think it is??? 

You hope he isn't going to say what you think he might. You know him and Damien are best friends. 

10:24am S: not telling >:)