What is an apology?

"Who is she?"

"She is off-limits"

"A shame. She's quite the beauty despite her injury."

The presence of a voice other than Tsukasa's is what causes me to stir in my sleep. And when I peek with one eye to see who it is I am met with snow-white hair and judging eyes way to close for comfort. In a panic, I throw myself up and shuffle away from the boy, attempting to cover myself with a fur blanket. He lets out a small chuckle at my flustered face and I turn to Tsukasa for answers.

"This is Hyoga. He'll be helping me build the Empire of Might."

I look between the two men once, twice, and they both stare at me waiting for a further reaction. I don't indulge them despite the many feelings swirling in my gut, instead, I quietly stare at Tsukasa and wait for him to accept my silent request.

"Yes?" He says and I'm finally allowed to speak.

The entirety of my mouth feels sticky and foreign from doing nothing but occasionally screaming and praising his name. The voice that flies past my lips doesn't sound like my own. It's creaky, rough, and unsure like I've never experienced before. "How many more do you plan to revive?"

"Enough to build an Empire." is his straight to the point reply. I'm unsure why it surprises me, was I looking for a different answer?

"(y/n)?" comes a voice I hadn't heard in days. It sounded smaller than he ever usually sounded, but that was probably because he was being cautious. Peaking behind Tsukasa to the entrance of the cave I see Taiju's head poking from around the rock. He seems fine, save for a few scrapes and the sudden watering in his eyes. If he was here, that must've meant Yuzuriha was also alive and nearby.

A sudden rage like no other fought against the humiliation and fear that had been clouding my heart recently. Seeing Taiju, I suddenly felt... Awake. There were people other than Tsukasa in this world and no matter how corrupted my mind was becoming, a little part of me knew this wasn't right. And that small part detested that I had been so compliant and malleable this whole time. Tsukasa catches the sudden glint in my eyes and returns it with interest.

A quick nod towards the entrance of the cave is all Hyoga needs to be told to leave us alone and deal with Taiju. And soon after the sounds of two sets of feet walking down the bridges came. Once they were gone, he turns to me with a dark smile and makes a move to sit next to me on the pelted bedroll. I noticeably scoot a few inches away and he rests a hand on my thigh in response, leaning into my ear to whisper sins only I could hear. His voice deep and alluring in its own sickening way.

"You're quite irresistible when you get that look." His fingers are clearly experienced, they stroke up and down my leg slowly and in a way that almost soothes my anger. It doesn't help that his intense eyes have yet to leave my curves. But my rage does not want to be soothed, it wants to be heard. The sultry touches were becoming insulting after all the pain he caused.

Quicker than I ever thought I could be, I grip his wrist with a free hand and bring it to a halt when he reaches under my already short dress. A deep warning growl rumbles across his body and I feel it in my bones because he is pressed up against me, nearly pulling me into his lap. He nudges his nose into my shoulder and upwards towards my neck, taking in a deep breath of my scent. When I don't remove my hand, he chuckles as if my sudden defiance was that of a child's.

"Do you really want to test me, dear?" he cautioned, soon turning his feathery touches into a grip that would most certainly bruise if he pressed any more. I took the chance, finally finding some small amount of courage to speak.

"Leave me alone, you asshole." I spat, using all my strength to break out of his weak hold and stand to press myself against the nearby wall like a cornered animal. The smile on his lips drops into a thin line of something more neutral. Something like disappointment. He stands and that causes everything in my body to light aflame in a warning.  "Stay away from me you monster!" I shout, slightly shuffling along the wall to the exit.

"Apologize." He demands and it stirs my core and feeds my flame simultaneously.

"I refuse to apologize to a monster like you after all you put me through! You're no man, Tsukasa. Just a lion playing pretend!" I shout, clutching my heart as all the horrid injuries he gave me start to pulse at once. Reminding me just what kind of pain he could afflict on me. Sudden like the moment a bomb explodes, he closes the short distance between us and lands a hit on my stomach that causes me to double over and fall to my knees in a coughing fit. Then he grabs my hair and begins dragging me outside, kicking and screaming along the rough rock that scrapes my skin. He doesn't drag me far, just to a small cave next door that was empty. He pulls me to the center of the room then stands at the entrance, looking angrier then I had ever seen him allow himself to appear.

"It seems you still have not learned your place after yesterday's punishment." He gives me his back suddenly, cutting off his 'oh so important' eye contact. But from the way his broad shoulders slumped just slightly, there had to be more to the gesture. "You will stay in this cave until you apologize." 

Nothing more is said as the light of the cave is slowly devoured by the movement of a rugged boulder. Alarmed, I watched as the light slowly diminished into a crescent.  Phobia boils in my gut but it's already too late to repent for the sin. It isn't till I bang my fist along the jagged rock and call out to him that the severity of the situation settles in.

My first instinct now that I was truly isolated again, was to count.

I trembled as if there was an earthquake beneath my feet as I walked along the walls. Small rocks poked at my feet as I walked but I paid no mind. They were the least of my worries.

15...23...35...47...

51

It was that moment that everything came crashing down on me at once. The cave was too small, the air suffocating and unbearably stale. My stomach growled so loudly I nearly jumped out of my own skin. My head got dizzy and I felt as if I could collapse any moment so I took a seat on the hard ground. Bringing my legs to my chest did not give me any comfort. I will die here. The cold of my jail cell showed no mercy, it nipped and bit my skin leaving me to wonder whether I was shivering from fear or lack of heat. Either way, I prayed Tsukasa came back soon.

My body, mind, and soul all screamed the same thing:

He won