Who is the Saviour?

They never tell you how to figure out how much time has passed in a place void of light. When you're left alone in a cave, the only markers of time are how hungry you are and how dry your throat feels. But even those markers weren't enough. The only thing they did was remind me how royally I had fucked up in standing up to Tsukasa.

This was what he wanted: For me to feel each and every wound pulse at once. Each injury was a rule. The dull throb of my hand reminded to never speak unless given permission, the more intense burning of my broken nose begged that I answered his every call, and the fading sting of my ass screamed to never disobey his orders. Strangely, I found a bit of comfort in the chorus of chaos called 'my body'. As long as there were no more rules to follow my path was laid out before me;

Just sit pretty and obey

He'd called me that once or twice... pretty. He'd called me irresistible in the moments before he threw me in the cave. It didn't penetrate my heart then but now the words made a warm blush spread along my cheeks and up my ears. Some of his tender words from before his 'Great Awakening' provided the only warmth I could seek in a frigid cave. And sometimes I would allow my mind to bask in it. Sometimes, I would yearn for more. Sometimes, I'd wish my will would break quicker so I could easily succumb to his will. I tried to shake the thought from my head but it lurked in the back of my mind like a crocodile in a swamp of inner turmoil. Even numbers were obsolete; two, four, six, and eight weren't going to stop Tsukasa's wrath. In fact, it might incur it.

Shifting to lay on my side I hissed as a tiny, sharp rock dug into my ribs and moved my good hand to swat it away. The rock of the floor was warm if I stayed in the same spot and didn't move much, but it didn't take a genius to know that was because it was sapping my body heat. Judging by the lion-like roar of my stomach begging me to eat, I wouldn't last too long.

But like a blessing, the rays of heaven split through the thickening darkness like a sword and my body ached when I threw myself to attention on my hands and knees. His movements captured me like a painting, the way his muscles strained as he moved the rock were almost godlike. The Savior!

"It's been a couple of nights," he pauses to take in the sight of my matted hair and delicate skin caked in dirt, then smirks in triumph when he sees the glazed look in my eyes. "You've learned your lesson, I take it?"

I wanted to apologize verbally, but I didn't know of his words gave me permission to respond. Did I deserve my voice? It didn't matter because his smirk turned into a smaller smile when I nodded in response.

"Can you stand?" He asks a bit tender, and his eyes betray a shimmer of hurt deep, deep in the bronze. It warms my heart to see this shred of compassion, so much so that my lips perk up a smidge when I silently nod and attempt to stand. The action proved more difficult than I thought, almost as if I had forgotten the motions in the time I spent in the dark. I stumbled twice, but Tsukasa managed to catch and anchor me the third time. Human contact felt divine, it didn't matter who it was coming from. The warmth of his body felt like the light caresses of the sun. I found myself clutching to him, and not just because my legs were still regaining their strength. Eventually, I found my voice again.

"I... I-"

He raises a finger to my lips and halts the words from ever spilling.

"Come. Let's get you in the spring before we do anything."

______

I wasn't exactly sure how I got to the field about a week later. I had been out of it since I was let out of the cave; working on autopilot. I hazily remembered stepping in the spring and freeing myself of the dirt and grime of the cave that day. I remembered feeling something like a comb going through my hair and battling with the tangles, but judging by the new shortness of my hair Tsukasa must have gotten tired of the battle and cut off most of my locks. My nose wound was properly cleaned and had started to heal back correctly (thank god). I had a better splint on my arm and my clothes weren't the same ones Senku and I had developed. They were sleeveless and hugged my frame, not too suitable for hunting but the fabric split along my thighs enough so that I could run if prompted.  But most of all they were a deep crimson that swam along my body.