Soarin x Rainbow Dash

Soarin and Rainbow would definitely make a great couple. Little kid me would just drool over an episode where Soarin appeared. (not because I was a simp, but because I thought Soarin had a crush on her. I was a hopeless romantic.) My favorite episode with them was Rainbow Falls.

Rainbow adores the Wonderbolts. Think about how she was struggling during the episode, not just between being with her friends and her idols, but between her idol and idols. She did the right thing in the end by sticking up for Soarin. I don't think there was that much of a romantic gesture involved near the end but if someone stuck up for you when even your teammates/friends wouldn't... and also considering some past experiences (I will mention those below), I would find myself with a crush.

More very important episodes for the base of this ship are The Ticket Master and The Best Night Ever. One of the very first episodes of MLP has Rainbow Dash daydreaming about the Wonderbolts (she and Soarin shake hooves), and then later in The Best Night Ever she saves his pie and follows him around trying to impress him (and the other wonderbolts) all night.

There are so many moments that just scream "SHIP THEM" that I could go on listing them all and end up having around 1000+ words on this page. Instead of listing them all off, I'll make some honorable mentions, my depictions on them, and then I will conclude it with a rating.

-In one of the photos in A Canterlot Wedding Pt 2, Soarin and Rainbow Dash are dancing together. I'm still wondering who asked who. It feels more likely that Rainbow asked him but you never know ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

-In Grannies Gone Wild Soarin puts an arm around Rainbow Dash and pokes her chest with his other hoof. I view this as unnecessary contact/contact between friends. However I also feel that younger version of me, and I know deep down in the pits of my heart  that she's screaming like a fangirl.

-In one of the comics, Soarin loses self worth and goes on a dangerous mission to try and "proove himself" and Spitfire asks Rainbow Dash to go after him. She half-willingly does so, and they do the mission together.

-Rainbow imitates Rarity and tries to flirt toward him in Newbie Dash. This can be either a coincidence or Rainbow projecting some kind of feeling for him onto him through Rarity... or even just how she sees Rarity. A ditzy mare who flirts ornately with guys.

-Soarin gives Rainbow Dash Spitfire's role in Rarity Investigates after she was confirmed to be innocent.

I think this ship can be taken either platonically or romantically. If you don't like to imagine them being in love then you could at least explain the physical contact, Rainbow's selflessness, and most of their interactions as a whole as being friendly affection.

Solid 8/10.