Day 9 & 10

A/N ⚠ Graphic warning ⚠️ some parts in this chapter may be sensitive. Also furthermore I have done some reading on procedures but will change it a bit as I myself am not qualified in the medical field.

Levi's pov

I laid in the back seat of the mule of a machine again, with Hange driving like a maniac no normal person would be able to relax. My chest felt heavy as I ignored it. Every bump in the road felt like my ribs broke al over again. I've been injured before... But this. It's something else.

I feel my body cooling to the extent where I'm so cold and within a mere 20 minutes I couldn't take the heat anymore, my breathing was slow as the pain got more than I could bear. "Open the windows for titan sake," I said coldly interrupting their silence. (Y/n) looked at me her smile faded when she saw my face. "Stop the car" (Y/n) said in a panic. "What wrong..." Hange said as she stopped. " I need your help. I think there is blood between his chest wall and lungs".

(Y/n)'s pov

I got out of the car quickly taking a blanket from the back to place it out on the ground. " I need you to help me get you on the blanket Levi," I said calmly as I opened the back door and took his cold hand in mine. Hange immediately on the other side of him as he helped him lay down. He looked nervous and anxious his breathing was uneven. I held my finger to his neck to feel his pulse. "I need something to make an incision with a tube and then some needle and thread please Hange," I said to her and she rushed to the back unpacking and rummaging through the supplies. "I know here is some." She said in her panic.

"He will be fine just take a deep breath and get me the things please" she did as I told her and minutes later I had my tools. I gently lifted Levi's shirt exposing his bruised skin. " This will hurt too," I said as I gently stroke his raven hair to calm him. I picked up the surgical knife Hange handed to me. I placed my hand where his chest bone ended made a three-finger space as my fingers were tiny and between 2 of his ribs I gently pushed the knife in. Blood sprayed everywhere as I closed the incision with my finger I took the tube from Hange, my own heart beating in the back of my head. I took my finger away and inserted the tube to make sure I place it in deep enough. And seconds later little darker blood started to leak through the tube. "That should relieve the pressure.." I explained as he nodded. " Do we have some pain killers Hange?" I asked looking at her. " Yes in our supplies I picked up from the last town," she answered and went to go fetch it.

"Okay looks like everything has been cleared" I mumbled to myself as no more blood came out of the tube. I readied my thread and needle as I removed the tube and quickly stitched him up. Somehow Hange got water and a cloth so I cleaned him quickly and my hands quickly as I looked at the pain meds Hange gave to me. I removed a syringe and took a bottle pulling 0.5 mg from it. And gently injected it into a dazed Levi.

" Okay I gave him only half a dose I should relieve the pain and should be enough to send him to dreamland for the next few hours. " I said as I helped Hange pack the things up again. "You're really good at it." She said her crazy smile on her face again. " He's going to be pissed when he wakes and knows you've given him pain meds," Hange said with a light chuckle as we gently lifted a sleeping Levi into the car. " Well rather pisses than having to drain again cause he can't sit still," I said getting into the driver seat this time and we took off to get to town Rose.

We have been driving for nearly over a day straight with small pit stops as we went along. Levi woke up a few hours ago not happy with me but he looked better than he did earlier. Hange was asleep next to me, leaving me alone in the silence of Levi. He only looked at me through the rare mirror and scoffed.

I sighed as I didn't say anything. "Do you smell that? " I asked as I could smell something burning, the car started to rattle and shake as it came to a halt. Smoke immerging from the bonnet of the vehicle. "No..." I said as I got out the air cool again. As I looked up to the road sign on the side of the road it said 7 miles to town Rose.

"What happened?" Hange said as she appeared next to me. "The engine broke... I think I don't know much but I know it's busted. " She looked at Levi who also started to get out. " Either we make a plan to drag you there on something, or if you walk I will give you another shot no negotiation," I said firmly looking at the stubborn male. " I will help carry." He said coldly grabbing a few things. Soon we got all the supplies in backpacks and we got ready for our long walk.

Levi kept up with us as I walked on his left and Hange on his right. We have been walking for quite some time when I noticed I heard something at the back of is. "Take this" Hange said handing her bags to me. "Keep walking (Y/n) and shorty..." I heArd Levi scoff as we continued to walk and within two minutes Hange latched her gear on a 10-meter titan, zipping up to its nape she first swings down and slashed his ankles before pulling back up and slashing its nape. Blood spraying everywhere as smoke emerged as it vanished, the titan fell to the floor as it's whole body emerged with smoke.

"Stop starting brat it's time to walk further we need to get cover now..tch" Levi snapped me out of it as I was looking at Hange. I then turned around and made my way to Levi as Hange walked at the back looking for any titans.

"I can't believe I don't have a squad here. I would have loved so capture one" she said with a crazed chuckle.
"Come on shitty glasses let's quit talking and keep walking," Levi mumbled. I chuckled to myself as we continue to walk. Once they entered the town it was peaceful here and their people were walking. Cars stood almost everywhere. Things like bags and items like clothing laid around. Shop windows were broken, all the signs of a mass hysteria laid before them.

It took them a good hour to find the perfect place to spend the night. This time the home for the evening had two bedrooms a cozy lounge, bathroom, and kitchen. I took some time to prepare some food as the fridge was still stocked. We are and said our goodnights. I just have to go and check up on Levi's wounds.

I knocked on the closed door and waited for him to give me permission to enter. " Levi," I said smiling at him. "(Y/n) " he replied looking at me confused. "Just here to check on your wounds and give you your half a dose shot. " Tch... Just get it done with." He grumbled as I walked closer I sat next to him first gently lifting his shirt. His ribs still a terrible blue color. "How are you managing?" I asked in a whisper as I pulled the liquid up in the pain killer medical bottle. "Fine.." He grumbled again. I then nodded closing his shirt and inserted the needle and pushing the liquid slowly in. " There.." I said and I got up ready to leave but a hand grabbing my wrist stopped me. Without saying anything I sat down next to him as he took my hand in his gently pulling me down to sit with him so I did. His grey steel orbs met my(e/c) eyes and I could feel the pull in my stomach before I could react his lips crashed onto mine. He smelled of citrus and a hint of cinnamon.... He smelled really good. We continued to share soft kisses before he pulled away. " Thanks brat.. Now get out" he said his cheeks the color of crimson, so again I obeyed and left him for the rest of the night.