The time is now Part 1

(Y/n)'s pov

The week has passed just as quickly as it arrived. Neither Levi or you had time to talk to one another again. It was the morning of the expedition and all the team's going out today stood at the assembly. " As we know scouts, yet again humanity is forced to stay within these walls. But today after almost 8 weeks of being back here we are prepared to take on titans again. Our objective is to see if we can find the origin of these giants again." Commander Erwin said saluting to all the scouts in front of him. We all did the same "Let's go in the name of humanity!" He shouted as all the scouts cheered. Most scouts were on horses. Only Sasha, Jean and I drove a car we had extra supplies and I had my medical equipment. We followed behind the horses as they ran out.

It was the first time since the titans were back that they were outside of wall Maria. It's was all quite as I drove to my estimated point, it was about 5miles close to a very small town just outside. Once you stopped you stepped out you still didn't feel comfortable outside here but it had to be done.

"Keep your eyes open," Jean said giving me a smirk "Our horses should be here soon. " We waited patiently. Galloping could be heard in the distance as the emerged. Withing a minute Levi was next to me with my horse. " Get on we have lots of ground to cover" His voice was almost soft and full of concern as I readied me getting on the horse. "Promise you will stay close" he half mumbled under his breath to you. " I won't leave your side" I replied smiling at him and all the scouts went into their directions given so the exploration can begin.

Your horse ran behind Levis and Eren and Mikasa along with Armin and Conny rode at the sides of you. It's been a few minutes since you rode in the same direction before you saw it.

Standing about 15meters high, creepy smile on its face with short brown hair and very blue eyes. It stood looking at the team and you as you all stopped. Dust filled the air as the ground was dry. "We should be able to take it down," Eren said dismounting his horse he ran towards the titan attaching his gear in a nearby tree. He got stuck as if memorized. The shock on the young man's face spread as he stared in awe. " What is it Jeager?!" Levi shouted as he dismounted too. The rest of the team followed. The titan still looking at us like we were snacks. Still, Eren said nothing causing Levi to also attach his gear to the tree and zip up to Eren.

Titan was scattered around least 20 or more. "In the trees now!" Levi ordered as the beasts began to run forward. Panic rose in me, dashing forward I attached my gear to the tree zipping up. Eren and Mikasa made it first into the trees they were very fast as usual. Armin stared in awe at the Giants at first.

Landing on the tree branch you looked at Levi he was deep in thought, probably analyzing the situation. My eyes caught Armin still on the ground. I readied my equipment and zipped back to him "Arim let's go!" You grabbed his arm, The titan that swatted Levi to the ground while traveling back stood in front of them all facing away from us. "Now!" I tried shouting louder and the blonde male's attention turned to me he nodded in response. I attached my gear to the tree again and zipped my way up as Armin followed. 

Before you knew it the blonde titan dashed forward taking on the brown-haired titan. Again dust filled the air. She kicked at the titan as he dashed forward making a screaming sound, more Titans attacked then. " Scouts attack!" Levi ordered and everyone dashed forward. Zipping was heard as everyone made their way. You also did the same attaching your gear to a titan, wind whooshed in your ear as you moved forward drawing your blades you sliced its nape, not deep sufficient enough though. The titan's hand reached for you as he took you in its colossal hand bringing you forward to its face.

Levi's pov

You took out as much as you could, the female titan seemed to be helping the scouts. Looking at her she had short blond hair...she looked very familiar. Drawing your attention back at the task ahead you felt anger rose in you, (Y/n) was in the grasp of a titan. Not given any rational thought you dashed forward slicing the titans fingers that help her in its filthy hand. The now falling (Y/n) acted quickly as she attached her gear to a tree and zipped into a branch.

You stood there between the blond and brown-haired titan. You knew you'd have to move, going so you quickly made your way up into a tree.

It's seemed like forever, the two Titans staring at one another, the wind rustled the leave as the sun burnt high in the sky. The singing of birds could be heard loud in one's ear. The tension in the air was thick and after some time has passed the brown-haired titan dashed forward swinging its arm at the blond one. It seemed like they were fighting, she was busy helping the scouts. The blond one blocked and when she got an opening she took it. Kicking him in the stomach causing him to stumble back.

The fight went on for quite a while. And it didn't look good for the blonde titan. The brown-haired titan was onto of the blonde one. Punching her repeatedly in the face taking her arms he ripped it off screaming as he did. You watched as the fight continued and when the time was right you zipped down attaching yourself to the brown-haired titan. You tried slicing its nape but he hardened it. "Scouts attack!" You ordered as everyone zipped down slicing and striking the titan. The titan swatted away some scouts as he made his way to escape.

Steam emerged from the blond titan, you knew it had to be a shifter. "Stand close guys we must see who helped us" you replied walking closer to the titan corpse.