Chapter 4

JACE

To say I never noticed Amelia at school would be a lie.

The way her brown wavy hair framed her soft face makes her look so beautiful.

But don't let her appearance confuse you because underneath her angelic features, she is really sassy and sarcastic.

Just how I like it.

Of course, I wouldn't let her know that. Yet.

And how come she is so strong?
Cause damn, that slap hurt like a bitch.

I was kind of proud tho.

Wait. WHAT?! NO! Why am I thinking about her this way? I just find her hot that's all.

But ever since our encounter in the hallway, she's all I could think about.

Why? I have no idea, and this bugs me a shit lot.

While getting out of class, I saw her talking to Mr.Brown looking a little panicked, so I couldn't help myself and listen to their conversation.

Suddenly, a light bulb turned on inside my head like in these cartoons movies.

I needed to know a little bit more about her to get her out of my head.

She was just so mysterious and closed off.

She was my challenge.

And god knows how much I love challenges.

I would get close to her, figure her out, then throw her out.

And maybe I could have a little fun in the way.

And that's when I proposed to go fetch her little brother. I didn't even know she had one.

Not that I care anyway.

I have to make her think that behind my intimidating appearance, drinking, smoking and violence, there was someone with a heart.

I don't even know if I have one anymore. Or maybe it's just frozen.

Emotions and feelings were suppressed from my life some time ago. I just lost myself, but that's the only way I found to deal with everything back then.

The expression of terror placed on her face surprised me to say the least.

She looked fearless earlier this morning. So why was she acting this way?

But then I remembered who I was, Jace Falls.

Everyone is basically horrified by me and they all know not to mess with me.

With the little help of Mr. Brown, I was finally able to win the "argument" a small smirk stuck on my face.

The game is on cupcake.

Spending some time with the boy which I later found out the name was Luke was actually not so bad.

I came to the conclusion during our little time in the car that he was a fun little boy and I'm sure he is going to be a good man.

His parents must be raising him good.

I admit, he was a little bit confused at first not seeing Amelia picking him up and after I had to promise him that his sister was fine like a hundred times, he got comfortable and indicated his address.

After some time, I looked at the building and I had to make a double check to make sure this was the right one.

Is she really living in this garbage place?

The thing looked like it was about to crumble any time soon and was in no condition to carry any sort of living species in it.

Anger surfaced deep in me just thinking about her crappy situation.

The urge to know everything about her was now stronger than before.

Getting down the car, Luke stopped me telling me that I couldn't go inside because Amelia didn't like it.

What about his parents? Do they mind too?

Shaking my head I said goodbye to the boy.

"Thank you Jace for the ride. You're so cool." Luke said with a big grin on his face.

"No problem kiddo I had fun."

"Hey Jace? What are you to Amelia and how do you know her?" He asked with an interrogating expression on his face.

"We go to school together and I'm just a good friend of hers." I said with a small smile.

"I didn't know she had a friend other than Hannah Banana. She never mentioned you."

Oh? That's interesting I thought. She really doesn't socialize much. That's another thing I'm going to figure out the reason.

"Oh well, she must've forgot. But anyway, see you soon little guy."

Getting closer to Luke and guiding him to tell me some things about Amelia didn't go as expected this time.

He really didn't reveal much. He's a smart little boy. He knows better than to spill secrets to some random person.

But that's definitely not going to stop me.