Chapter 28

Amelia

Oh, this pillow is so warm and squishy, why have I never slept on it before?

And why does my head hurt so bad?

Ugh, why is it so bright? I feel like the sun is litteraly sitting in my room.

Despite the tiredness and the ache I was feeling all over my body, I forced myself to open my eyes and get an answer to all of those questions.

Gently rubbing my head while squinting my eyes because of the light, I patted over my pillow only to feel something hairy-

Wait. Something hairy?!

Unless I bought an animal or a yeti during my sleep, there isn't supposed to be hair on whatever I was laying on.

To my regret, my stupid self sat up way too fast, only adding to the pain I was feeling, but the sight in front of me suppressed it almost immediately.

I, Amelia, was laying on Jace's lower stomach, caged in between his legs, while his arms were reaching out to hold me as if I would disappear.

Though what didn't disappear was my memory of what happened yesterday.

Everything crashed down onto me suddenly, so I freed myself from his suffocating embrace and did the only logical thing I could have done.

I punched him.

He jolted awake, resulting in him losing balance, then falling from the bed with a big thud.

"Ow! Is there something wrong?"
He said sleepily while rubbing his arm.

"Yes, care explaining to me how the hell we ended up like that?"

"Um, after I told you, you know, you fainted. and I wanted to bring you to George but I didn't want to worry Luke so I decided to stay until you woke up."

"Oh. Thank you I guess." I couldn't look him in the eyes after the revelation, but at least he did the right thing now by keeping me here.

We stayed silent for a while, and I stared at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing on earth, but it didn't last long.

"Cupacke, what happened? Are you sick or something?" He said while putting his hand on me.

I instinctively pushed it away, only adding to his hurt expression.

"Don't worry about me, I just forgot to eat today. Wait, are we even today?"

"It's two in the morning right now. And how stupid can you be? You can't simply forget to eat." He looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on earth, but at the same time, I could see a look of woriness and care.

Yeah right. As if he cares.

"I said drop it, I'll be fine Jace, but you aren't off the hook. We really need to talk." I said angrily while pointing a finger at him.

"Wait, I'll bring you food then I promise we'll talk about it."

I wanted to argue and be done with him as soon as possible, but I couldn't deny that I was way too hungry to do that.

He stood up and shrugged his jacket on, then cursed lowly and said.

"Elijah dropped me here, can I take your bike to get some takeout?"

I immediately stood up and looked at the crazy man. "Hell to the fucking no. Let's go asshat I'm driving. We'll talk there."

"Of course you're not driving, let's just remind ourselves that you fainted a few hours ago."