Chapter 20

Jace

After Amelia and Luke left the car I couldn't help the anger inside me so I started hitting the steering wheel as if it would erase the words I said previously. I just can't control myself can I?

I knew that it was wrong to talk about her financial situation but I was just so infuriated that she wouldn't accept my help to pay for Luke's broken arm.

For some reason, I really wanted to know that Amelia was safe and happy at all times, I've never cared this much about a girl before and to be honest, it concerned me a bit.

I only came to school on Monday to talk to her and make things right.

I know I skip a lot of classes, but that doesn't stop me from getting good grades to become a surgeon, and that's what mattered.

After talking with her and making up it was like a weight was lifted off my chest and I couldn't wait to see her at Friday's party I invited her to.

Oh, that reminds me, I have to throw a party on Friday.

———————————————————

It was now Monday night and I was at "The Skull" with the boys for a fight I had, but it was the last one so right now I was just watching the others trying to study their techniques and all.

Suddenly, I was startled by the host introducing the new fighters, some guy and Amore.

But geez, his voice is way too loud.

My eyebrows perked up and my full attention was now on the ring where this anonymous girl hid behind her hood.

I kinda dig that look though.

I didn't really know why, but she reminded me of my Amelia in the way that they are both so mysterious, and if you haven't realized it yet, I love mystery.

The way she dodged every every hit that was coming her way was so-

Oop, never mind, the guy punched her super hard on her face, I think I could feel the pain from here.

But that didn't stop her.

She was a badass just like cupcake.

I shook my head. Why can't I stop thinking about her?

After Amore won her match, I would lie if I said I wasn't super impressed. She really did super good.

I kinda wanted to fight against her sometime.

As she was trying to get out, she was stopped by my boys again, the same way she was the first time.

I hoped I would see her face this time.

As I went to get her something for her bruise, I was able to catch a glimpse of her side profile.

It looked awfully similar to Amelia's. Could it be ?

No stop. You're just can't get her out of your head that's why.

But when our hands touched-

I'm just imagining things, I'm going crazy.

I'll just go check on her and Luke after my fight and that'll help taking her out of my brain.

About two or three short fights passed and it was now my turn to get on the ring.

I was so hyped for this fight plus my opponent looked like he was about to poop himself.

That's good, I like scaring people, I find it quite amusing.