Chapter 18

Amelia

We both got back to class with a warning from Mrs. Bridge for being late but nothing could wipe off the smile on my face.

For some reason I was so happy and relieved that Jace and I were back on speaking terms.

I was way too happy if you want my opinion.

It doesn't mean that I completely forgot what he said, that's not the case, but I believe in second chances, plus he was very angry back then, so I think I'll let it slip just this one time.

We were now sitting next to each other and I swear this guy doesn't know what personal space means.

If he moved just a little bit closer he would practically be sitting on me.

But hey, I didn't really mind to be honest.

A few minutes in I felt a nudge on my arm.

"Yes Jace?"

"Um, me and the boys are invited to this party Friday, I was wondering if you would like to come or something."

"Um, yeah sure. Can I ask Hannah to come with us though?"

"I don't see why not."

"It's a date then."

It's only after I said that that I realized what I did, and I saw Jace looking at me very surprised so I quickly stammered.

"N-no no, not like a real date. It's just a way of saying like great or cool. Not that I wouldn't go on a date with you I-"

Shit.

If I was embarrassed before, now I'm the like president of it.

My face became all red when he started chuckling with a cocky smile on his face.

"Oh really now, you'd go on a date with me cupcake ?"

"I-"

"You two in the back, quiet down."

Thank god Mrs. Bridge existed. She litteraly saved my life.

But of course, that didn't stop Jace. Sadly, I think I really boosted his already big ego.

"Oh come on Amelia, nothing to be ashamed here. I mean I understand why you would said that, I'm Jace Falls."

This guy really needed to get back to reality.

I mumbled annoyingly "Yeah, how about Jace Falls out the window right now."

"What did you say ?" He looked mad but I could see him trying to hold back a laugh.

"Okay, enough you two. This is your last warning. No more talking !"

Oopsies, I think the teacher is angry at us lol.

Some time after we quieted down, I looked at the clock on the wall and my eyes widened in horror.

We still had forty minutes left until this class ended.

I was honestly so exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep, so as I leaned  towards the desk, I felt Jace move me a bit as he placed my head on his arm.