Chapter 29

Amelia

Wow.

What the hell just freakin happened ?

After he attacked me with his lips, I couldn't help but fight back -if you know what I mean- and I felt like I was literally floating.

Well I was, because he was now carrying me.

Nonetheless, after we pulled away to breath, he sat against the trunk of a tree while I was between his legs with my head leaning on his chest.

He rubbed my arm in comfort, but I was terrified inside, because that's the first time in a very long while that I actually felt safe with someone. I just didn't want to get hurt again.

"Jace?" I started, preparing myself to what I was about to ask.

"Mhm." He answered still holding me close against him.

"I don't really know anything about you, and you don't know that much about me. Isn't this weird?" I asked while staring straight ahead of me.

"My name is Jace Falls, I'm 6'5, my favorite food is pasta and-"

"No not these things, idiot." I said while laughing. "I meant like the real you, what is beneath this facade you keep up."

He stilled at that response, but this was an inevitable topic. It had to be bought up.

"Listen, my fucked up past is what made me who I am, and right now, I just want to enjoy this little peaceful moment with my baby. When the time is right, I'm sure we'll both learn a lot about each other, hm?"

My heart did a backflip for the name he just called me.

So I'm his baby?

Oh, okay then.

"Okay, you're right, I don't want to push you if you're not comfortable yet. I'm sorry" I said lowly

"You have nothing to be sorry for Amelia." He kissed the side of my head while we just enjoyed each other's presence.

I may not now a lot about him, but I know enough to conclude that underneath this so called bad boy, there is a caring guy who has feelings, and even if I'm aching to understand why he is the way he is, what I know right now is enough to stay with him.

A little while later, the silence got disrupted by my human pillow, and he said while trying to get up. "It's almost four in the morning cupcake, I'll drive you back to your house."

Too sleepy to answer, I mumbled some incoherent shit while extending my arm to let Jace pull me up.

Once back, he helped me off my bike and accompanied me to my door.

"Don't forget the party tomorrow, I'll be picking you up, see you cupcake."

"Oh geez, thanks for reminding me about that. See you at school."

"I will. And if you ever feel dizzy or something, call me okay?"

"Aw, does my Jacey care about me?" I mocked him whith a goofy smile on my face.

I could've sworn he blushed before clearing his throat and answering in a cold tone. "You know I do idiot. Goodbye before I do something I'll regret whith those cute lips of yours."

Oh how the tabled have turned.

It was now my turn to blush furiously before saying. "Shut up asshat, go away."

I shooed him from the hallway but not before he turned around abruptly and stole a kiss from me.

"Hey! I'm gonna get that back!" I whispered-yelled.

"I'm counting on it." He winked and got down the stairs.

How can he be so freakin adorable?

I slowly opened my door making sure not to wake up Luke, and got into my room to get the few hours of sleep I could get before college.

I tunred off the lights and drifted off whith a certain boy in my mind.

"He said I'm his." Was the last thing I remembered thinking about.

———————————————————

"Hmph! Get off of me Luke." I said while swatting my hand around as if my little brother was a mosquito.

"But I want my cereals!" He whined and bounced on me which crushed me even more.

Too tired to get up, I asked "Why can't you go get them yourself? You're perfectly capable of doing that."

He stilled at my question and the sudden silence made me to open my eyes.

"Is something wrong Lukey?"

"It's just that mama always made my cereal every morning, and now that she's gone, I wanted you to make them too, so that it can almost be the same."

My heart broke in a thousand pieces at his answer. If only I knew he felt this way I would've prepared these damned fruit loops without a doubt.

"Aw baby, I miss mama too. Come here." I opened wide my arms and he hugged me as if his life depended on it.

Memories of our mother came rushing back, and my only wish was to bring back our old happy life, just the three of us. But that can't happen so I have to be strong for Lukey.

A few minutes have passed, and after stroking his back and comforting him, it was time to get up and go to school.

I got dressed in some leggings and a hoodie for a change, then I made sure that both of us ate correctly to avoid yesterday's little accident.

Thankfully, I made it just in time for the first lecture, but that meant that I couldn't catch up to see what happened with Hannah and Josh.

Sadly, that'll have to wait.

"How come you're early to class?"

"Why would you ask that cupcake? I'm a model student!" Jace said feigning innocence while I sat next to him.

I barely even had time to settle, and he already pulled my chair closer to him, making his intoxicating scent engulf me.

" What are you doing?" I asked when he put his head on my shoulder.

"Something happened yesterday, so I happen to be very tired, and your shoulder is very comfortable, so wake me up when the course is done."

I hit him on the head but I didn't bother scooting away, I knew that he wouldn't pay attention anyway.

"I'm feeling better now, thanks for asking. Also, I didn't forget to eat this morning!"
I said with sass.

" I know, you have chocolate on your face."

I froze from embarrassment, and it got even worse when he wiped the corner of my mouth and licked his thumb.

Good lord help me.

Hey guys! How are y'all doing?

I tried to update as fast as possible, so I hope you enjoyed it!

What would you like to see in the future chapters?

Don't forget to share, vote and comment!

Stay safe, love you all