Chapter 1

Parker pictured above, played by Josh Murray

There was so much to do. So much to do. Overseeing the training exercises, setting up the final test for the warriors, getting ready for the warrior graduation, starting classes for the new werewolves that are now of age, and that was just the training to do list. Paperwork needed to be taken care of, a new schedule for border runs, and just keeping order in the Pack House. Yet Parker was having to put all of that on hold to attend the annual summit of Alphas.

Each year all of the packs alphas, betas, and their families had to attend the summit to discuss issues they had through the year, rouges, and ways to keep the peace between the packs. At least that was the intended purpose of the summit. It usually ended up just being a giant party where people met their mates and drank too much.

Parker let out a sigh, just thinking about all the work he was putting on hold, and leaving for his third in command to oversee, was stressing him out. He let out a frustrated growl, the wolf side of him was not happy about this either. His pack was strong, in fact it was the largest pack in North America. His warriors were some of the best, he even had training programs with packs close by. They would send their of age wolves to train for 12 weeks under Parker. He was proud of his pack, Dark Woods Pack was thriving, and his people were happy.

"This is ridiculous", he mutters to himself as he zips up his bag.
There is a knock at the door. Parker already knows it's his Beta, Duncan, and Third, Everett. Just by the scent.
"Come in." His voice naturally deep, and full of command, calls out.
"Alpha, the car is loaded and we are ready to head out," Duncan reaches for his bag.
"Everett, link me if anything goes wrong. I left a list of the training schedule in my office for you."
Everett nods his head, "yes alpha."
As the men leave the room and head through the halls, making it down the stairs to the car, Parker caught a scent in the air. A smirk appearing on his face just as Parker's leg was suddenly attacked.

"Gotcha! I told you I was ready to train with the big wolves!"
Parker couldn't help the smile that crossed his face.
"Annalise! What do you think you are doing? That is your alpha's leg you are hanging off of! I know I've raised you better than this!" Duncan let's out a sigh, rubbing his hand over his face, "I blame your mother," he mutters.
"But dad, Uncle-"
"Alpha, he is your alpha!" Duncan lets out a groan.
"Uncle Alpha," she smirks up at Parker, "said if I could surprise attack him, I could train!"
She was a feisty little 6 year old. Duncan had his work cut out with this one.
"It's true honey, Parker did say that." Sienna walked over, wrapping her arms around her mates waist, smiling at her daughter who was still hugging Parker's leg.
"Alpha! Can no one in my family fallow proper protocol and titles?!"
Parker couldn't help it, he started laughing. His sister loved getting under her mate's skin,
"I did say that. It's true. However," he glanced down at the little spitfire that was attached to his leg, "that was not all that I said, was it little one?"
Annalise scrunched up her face, thinking, trying to remember what else her uncle had said.
"Ummm, no. You said I had had to surprise attack you, but not just surprise attack you, that you actually had to be surprised." Realization crossing her face,  "And I had to be able to mask my scent."

He let out a small chuckle as he crouched down in front of his niece, "that's right little one. But, you tried! The only way to get better is by practice. So keen em coming!" He ruffled her hair, before pulling her in for a hug.
"Come on you little stinker, lets get you loaded into the car before your dad passes out from stress." Sienna smirks at her husband, leaning in to kiss his cheek before walking their daughter over to the loaded SUV.
"You told my daughter she could train if she could attack you?!" The look that crossed his face was pure shock, "you know she's never going to stop. She won't give up until the day you tell her she can train!"
"I know, I grew up with her mother, it gives her a goal. Plus it drives you insane." Parker chuckles darkly. He loves his Beta, he was his best friend, and his brother in-law, but he also loved to do anything he could to get him going.
Duncan headed to the car muttering under his breath, Parker close behind smiling smugly to himself. Maybe this trip wouldn't be so bad after all, he thought to himself.
The only thing that would make it better, would be if he had a mate of his own. He knew she had to be out their somewhere, but it was just taking so long to find her. Now at the age of 26, he was losing some hope. He channeled all his frustration, of not finding her, into running his pack, and making it the best that it could be.