Chapter 3

Parker's POV

They had finally made it. Well, sort of. They were in the line of vehicles that were unloading at the front door of the Pack House. This year the Summit would be held at the Snow Meadows Pack. Their Alpha, Carter, was out front with his Beta, Jake, greeting the guests.

Parker let out a sigh, seeing the 6 vehicles before him, knowing that this would take a bit of time, he put the SUV in park and relaxed back in his seat.

"Uncle Parker, are we there?" He looked in the mirror, seeing his sweet little niece yawning as she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"Yes sweetpea, we are, but we have to wait for our turn to get out of the car. Just sit back and relax for a little while longer." He gave her a smile, as she laid her head back down on her mom's lap. Parker felt a small pang in his chest, he wanted that. He wanted to look back in the mirror and see his baby and his wife. He wanted his own family so bad. He was an alpha, it was his job to protect, and take care of the ones he loved. He loved his pack, and he would do anything for them, but he wanted his other half, he wanted his mate.

He shook his head, pushing his thoughts to the back of his mind. Now was not the time to dwell on that, he was here to maintain peace, and the well being of all the packs. That is what he needed to put his time, effort and focus into.

"Alpha, you can move up a space." His beta motioned at the empty space now in front of them.

Parker quickly moved up, putting the car back in park and waiting. He unrolled the window, taking in the scenery. He loved to visit other packs and see how different everything was. That is when he smelled it. The best scent he had ever smelled. It smelled like fresh apples and lavender. Not a scent he would normally pick together, but he was intoxicated with the scent. His wolf was going insane. Not even realizing what he was doing, he had the door open and was stepping out when his beta snapped him out of it.

"Alpha! What are you doing?" He reached for him, "The line is moving, we need to move up in the line. Are you okay?" Duncan was looking at him concerned.

Parker shut the door, and quickly moved up in line, "Yeah, I'm fine, sorry I don't know what happened back there. Did you smell that though?" He turned, looking at his beta in the passenger seat next to him.

"Smell what Alpha?" He still had the look of concern on his face.

Parker must be losing his mind, he shook his head, "Nothing." He leaned closer to the window, trying to catch the scent again, but it was pretty much gone. There was just a trace of it in the breeze.

By the time it was there turn, he was ready to get out of the car and relax. He also need to check in with the pack back home.

"Duncan, can you please call the pack and check in, let me know how it's going. I am going to go and greet Alpha Carter and find out where our rooms will be. Sienna, why don't you stay put for now. That way we don't have to wake Annalise until it's time to head to our quarters." He got out of the car, stretching slightly, before heading up to Alpha Carter. Out of the corner of his eye he could see his security detail all out of the vehicles and standing by, while Duncan was standing off to the side on his phone.

"Alpha Carter, it is so good to see you again." Parker extended his hand, shaking Alpha Carter's, "thank you for hosting us this year."

"Alpha Parker, always a pleasure," Carter shook Parker's hand, offering him a friendly smile, "I am happy to be hosting the Summit this year. I hope that you enjoy your stay, if you need anything at all, please let either me or my Beta, Brandon know." He again, gave Parker a smile, "Brandon has your room assignments."

The breeze picked up just a bit, and Parker caught the scent again, it was faint, but it was there. It was coming off of Alpha Carter. Parker didn't know why, but this instantly angered him. His wolf let out a growl in his head. He needed to reign it in, before he caused an issue, with another alpha on his own land. "Thank you." He then turned to Brandon, getting their room assignments, then heading back to the car. He let Duncan know what the room assignments were, and headed for his bag.

Parker knew that his men would carry everything in, but he just wanted to get to his room, his wolf was still not happy about the scent they had caught on Alpha Carter, and he needed some space.

After making sure that Duncan had everything handled, he headed into the house, and to his room.