Chapter 2

Audrey pictured above, played by Marie Avgeropoulos.

"Audrey, did you finish packing your bags?"

"Yes mom. It's packed and waiting at the front door." She withheld the eye roll, knowing that her mother would not appreciate it, and her father would remind her that beta's don't act like that.

"You remembered to grab the garment bag hanging on the back of your door, right?" Her mom popped her head around the corner, making sure that Audrey didn't pull anything, saying she didn't hear her. "Everything you need for the dinner at the summit is in that bag." Her mom starts checking off her fingers, "The dress that I got you, the heals, makeup, and stuff to style your hair."

This time Audrey couldn't hold back the eye roll, or the groan that came with it. "Mom, why do I have to go to this. I am the betas daughter, I should be running patrols, and gaurding." She was already this far in, she might as well not hold back now, as she let out a huff. "I don't need all of that, there is no reason for me to go to this party!"

"Audrey-"

"Audrey, listen to your mother. You know that the whole family is expected to attend the summit, and that the patrols have all been taken care of." Her father, walking in with his arms crossed, the look in his eyes saying this was not up for discussion. "I have trained you to have respect, and to not talk back. You may be one of the best betas that I have ever trained, but that does not give you the right to roll your eyes at your mother."

He wasn't even in the room! How did he know? That was her father, he always knew.

"That's right dad, you trained me to be a beta, not to be going to a party. I should be with the warriors, keeping all of the alphas safe!"

"Audrey, it is expected that the whold family attends, just like it is every year. Rules have not changed. You will wear the dress that your mother picked out for you, and you will be at your best behavior and show the utmost respect for our tradition." He cocked his eybrow, tilting his face, "do I make myself clear?"

Audrey bowed her head in submission to not only her father, but the beta of the pack. He was the strongest wolf in the pack, next tot he alpha of course. "Yes father, I will go and grab the garment bags now."

As she got up from the bar stool in the kitchen, her dad reached out grabbing her arm, "I love you, my little pup. You will make the best beta some day, but just for now, be my little girl. Let's enjoy this time together. You will be 21 tomorrow, and who knows when you will find your mate. It could be any day now." He pulled her in for a hug, she let out a sigh as she wrapped her arms aound her dad. He released her to head up and grab the last of her bags from her room.

Once you turn 20, you have a higher chance of finding your mate. It is not unheard of to find your mate before then, depending how strong the mate pull is. It is also not unheard of, to find them later on. The Moon Goddess decides when it is best for you to find your mate. Although these situations are not unheard of, it is not common. Most mates fund eachother on their 20th birthday, or shortly after. Audrey was a little disapointed when time kept passing by, and no mate, but she pushed it back. She didn't have time for a mate right now, she needed to worry about her training and her pack.

She grabbed the garment bag, and headed downstairs, noticing that her bag was no longer by the front door. Her dad must have loaded it, which meant it was time to go. She made her way to the door, checking that it was securly locked behind her, before heading to the truck.

Pulling out her headphones out as her father backed out of the driveway, keeping herself from letting out the sigh, they headed to the Pack House to meet up with their alpha and the convoy of vehicles heading to the summit. At least Aria, the alphas daughter and her best friend, would be having to attend as well.

When they pulled up to the pack house of the Harvest Ridge Pack, her pack, Aria ran to meet them.

"Beta Daniel, father said that i could ride with Audrey if that was alright with you."

Audrey's father smiled, "of course."

Aria jumped in as my dad got out to put her bags in the back and speak to Alpha Kai.

"Are you so excited?!" Aria squealed as she jumped in the backseat with me. We may be best friends, but we are total opposites.

"Oh you know me, thrilled." I deadpanned.

"Oh Audrey! Lighten up! Im 20 now, we could find our mates at the Summit! How exciting is that!" She was getting out a blanket, pillow, and bag full of snacks for the trip. This girl was way to full of enthusiasm.

"Aria, you know I hope you find your mate, I just hope this week goes by fast." With that, I put my headphones back in and leaned against my pillow on the window, as we started heading out.