Chapter 5

Parker's POV

He had tried to take a nap, had tried to just relax, but his wolf wasn't having it. He needed to get out, get some fresh air. Parker reached out to Duncan through their mind link.

Duncan, I am going to go out for a run. No need to come with, I will be fine, just stay with Sienna and Annalise. My mind link will be open if you need anything.

Duncan responded instantly.

Yes, Alpha, let me know if you need anything.

Parker grabbed a pair of sweats, and a t-shirt, changing quickly, and putting on his shoes, before heading out the door.

Apples and lavender. He breathed in the scent, before he realized what was happening, his body had taken control again, and he was already halfway down the stairs. The scent was getting stronger with every step that he took. He made it to the back door, flinging it open, to find nothing.

This is where the scent was the strongest, but there was nothing here. There was snow, and a big open meadow, bumping up against a forest. It was beautiful, Similar to his pack lands, but they were in the center of the woods, there backyard was the forest. The breeze picked up, drawing him towards the intoxicating scent again. He quickly stretched his legs, and headed towards the where the scent was coming from.

An hour and a half later, Parker was at the back door of the pack again. He had chased the scent, every time he thought he was getting close the the source, he was wrong. It had lead him right back to where he started.

Parker let out a low growl, his nose must be playing tricks on him. There was nothing out there, and he was right back at where he started. He was an Alpha, an alpha to one of the strongest packs in North America, and here he was out in the forest, chasing a phantom scent.

He headed inside, trudging up the stairs back to his room. He could still smell it, but chose to ignore it. It was getting him nowhere.

After taking a shower, putting on a pair of blue jeans, boots, and a half zip pullover, he headed down the stairs, to the lounge.

Parker wanted a drink, no needed a drink. He was in a bit of a grumpy mood after his run, which was disappointing, usually he loved his runs and they cleared his mind. But his mind was the furthest thing from being cleared.

"Who pissed you off? Alpha I haven't seen you look this mad since the day you found out that I was Sienna's mate." Duncan let out a chuckle, as Parker thought back to the day that he found out that his best friend was the mate to his little sister. It was not a good day.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Have you checked in with Everett recently? How is the pack doing, anything to report?"

"Nothing to report, Alpha. I just talked to Everett before coming down. Everything is running smoothly back home."

Parker nodded at his words, as the bar tender set a whiskey coke down in front of him. He reached for it, taking a sip, he was ready for the Summit to be over already, and it had not even started yet.

Just as Parker took another drink, Duncan had started talking, but he wasn't listening. The scent hit him in full force. He quickly set his drink down, looking around for whatever was causing it, when he saw her.

The most beautiful woman, he had ever seen. She had just walked in, and was sitting down with another woman, and a few men. Parker instantly let out a small growl. It clicked, just as his wolf started howling inside him, "MATE! MATE! MATE!".

Duncan had stopped talking the instant he heard his Alpha growl. He was in full beta mode now, looking around for the source of danger that caused the growl.

"Alpha, whats wrong?"

Parker could barely breathe, he was so angry as he saw the beta to the Snow Meadows pack, come up, putting his hand on her shoulder. "How dare he touch our mate?! Who does he think he is?!" Parker's wolf was growling inside, but so was Parker.

"Mate." He growled out, but that's all he could get out through the anger of seeing another male touch what was his.

Duncan looked around, seeing who Parker was looking at, realization of the situation hitting him, and he started to laugh.

That snapped Parker out of it. He spun his glare on his beta, "What about this, do you find funny?!" He demanded.

"Alpha, you finally found her. You will now know what it's like." His laughter stopping him from talking. Parker let out another growl, causing Duncan to sober up a bit.

"Alpha, you cannot be mad. She does not know that you are her mate, nor is she doing anything wrong. They are just talking."

"Not for long they aren't." With that, Parker got up from the bar stool he didn't even remember sitting on. His mind was focused on his mate. She was gorgeous. She had long brown hair, and she was tiny. Especially compared to his 6'4 frame. She must be around 5'5, but he could tell she was strong. He could also tell that the was of ranking. She must be an alphas daughter, or a beta's daughter. Her eyes were the prettiest shade of green, and her skin was the perfect tone of olive. She was perfect in every way. He headed strait for her, and the small group she was sitting with.

As he got closer to her, he could see that she had picked up on his scent, because her eyes went wide, and she started searching around the room, before her eyes set on him. She knew. He could tell by the look on her face, that she knew.

Brandon, the Snow Meadows beta, looked up just as he got close. His hand was still resting on her shoulder, as he stood next to her. Parker let out another low growl.

"Alpha Parker. What can I do for you?"

"Get your hands off of my mate." He couldn't help it, his inner wolf was fighting for control and he was winning so far.

The beta quickly pulled his hand back, "I am so sorry Alpha, I had no idea." He bowed his head, turning on his heal and leaving the room. Every set of eyes in the room, were on them. She was just staring up at him, as he fought for control, trying to calm his wolf down.

She reached our for him, grabbing a hold of his hand lightly, and unsure.

Instantly Parker felt sparks, and from the way she let out a gasp, he could tell that she did too. A wave of calm washed over him, just from her touch. He pulled her up from her seat, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Mine." He growled. causing her to let out a small whimper.