Chapter 11

Parker's POV

She was up to something. He knew it, after finding out that he had met with her family and that they were all on his side, he expected a fit. He expected her to tell him where to shove it, but instead, she just smiled at him sweetly. 

As an alpha, fear wasn't something that he really dealt with, but with his little mate and the way she had been sending him little smiles throughout dinner, and agreeing with everything he said, he knew something was coming. He just didn't know what the feisty little one had up her sleeve.

He was waiting for the blow up all night, but it never came. It was now time to head back up to their room, they had just said goodnight to everyone and were walking up the stairs. Parker glanced over at her, still expecting her to lash out at him.

"That was a nice evening with your family." Hoping talking to her, will draw out whatever she has going on in her head.

"Yeah, it was really nice. They seem to really like you. I think it helps that they have worked with you before." She gave him a smile, a real genuine smile.

Maybe he was wrong, maybe she wasn't upset, she had decided to just accept it, and they were good. He pulled out the key to his room, unlocking the door for her to enter ahead of him. He noticed that her bags had been delivered like they were supposed to be.

"Can I get you anything?"

Shaking her head at him, "No, thanks. I am just going to go get cleaned up and ready for bed. Do you mind if I take the bathroom first?"

Parker was unbuttoning his top button on his dress shirt, loosening the collar, before taking of his jacket. "No, go ahead, unless you'd like some help in there?" He gave her a devilish smile, and a wink.

"N-no. I'm good, thanks though." With that, she quickly grabbed what she needed out of her bag, and bolted into the bathroom.

He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his mouth, one minute she was feisty and not afraid to tell him what she thinks, the next she is blushing and hiding behind the door at his forward comments.

While Audrey was in the bathroom, he decided to take the time and get changed for bed. It had been a long day, and he was ready to lay down and relax. By the time the bathroom door was opening, he had changed into flannel pajama pants. Normally he would just sleep in his boxers, but he figured he'd not push her too far yet. But there was no way he was putting on a shirt, he just got way too hot at night for clothes. He was leaning up against the headboard, checking over pack emails on his tablet when he felt the bed dip. Glancing up to see his mate in silky shorts, and an off the shoulder cotton shirt, he could feel his wolf stirring. 

"You look comfortable, can I get you anything?" Setting his tablet on the nightstand, and turning to her.

"No, I'm good." She fiddled with the blanket, he could tell she was trying not to check him out. He rubbed his face, hiding the smug smile that he couldn't keep from taking over his face. He loved that he had an affect on his little mate.

All he wanted to do was hold her, he had waited so long to find her, and now here she was sitting in his bed. Before he could change his mind, he reached out, grabbing her wrist and yanking her on top of him. 

She barely had time to let out a gasp before he had rolled them, and was now covering her body with his. Looking down, he could see that she was fighting for control with her wolf, as her eyes flashed dark. 

Parker leaned down, running his nose down along her neck, inhaling her scent,  reaching her mark, kissing it gently, causing his mate to make the most glorious sounds he had ever heard.

As much as he wanted to keep going, wherever this was going, he needed to bring this up now, while she was somewhat distracted and in a good mood.

He continued nibbling down her neck, as he started to talk lowly. 

"So I was thinking..." He trailed off as he moved to the other side of her neck. "Tomorrow, while I am in my meeting, maybe you could hang out with my sister and her daughter?"

She let out a little moan in response.

"It would give you guys a chance to get to know each other a little better, and for you to meet my niece." He was now making his way across her jaw, back to her mouth. He ran his tongue across the seem of her lips, waiting for her to grant him access. As soon as she did, he deepened the kiss. Audrey was running her hands through his hair, and he was convinced this was the most amazing sensation ever.

Pulling away to catch his breath, he looked down at her dazed face. "So, what do you think? Sound like a good idea?"

She didn't even open her eyes, she just nodded her head at him lazily as she snuggled into his arms. 

Parker settled back down in the bed, on his side, with her back to his chest. He could get used to this, he loved holding her close, and he couldn't wait to wake up to her for the rest of their lives. She was everything that he could ever want.

He could tell that she was already falling asleep, as she scooted back, snuggling herself more into his arms, as she let out a long breath.

He chuckled softly at her, she was adorable. He still couldn't believe that she had accepted everything so easily. He expected her to throw and outright tantrum when she found out that he had met with her family and had her bags moved to his room. But, no, she calmly and rather sweetly accepted it all. Even now, she was curled up in his arms, and hadn't given him any fuss or attitude. He had been prepared for screaming, yelling, even her making him sleep on the couch. Yet, here they were, snuggled up. He didn't know when the smile had appeared on his lips, but he could feel his cheeks starting to tire from it. He was already so wrapped around this woman. 

Parker let out a sigh, sinking down into his pillow, hoping that tomorrow went fast. He was going to have to spend most of the day without her, and with a room full of a bunch of Alphas. Just the thought of being away from her for hours, made his wolf let out a small growl.

At least she would be with his sister, that way he could mind-link her and check in. He knew that he could now mink-link with Audrey, but he also knew that she would just tell him what he wanted to hear, or even block him out. But this way, he would be able to check in with his sister, and know that she was safe. He was beyond thankful that she hadn't argued or threw a fit about hanging out with his sister and niece. Now he had nothing to worry about, and it would be smooth sailing, then then they would be heading home, together.