Chapter 8

Audrey's POV

He was cooking for her. Her mate, who was an alpha, was cooking for her. She couldn't help this small smile that crossed her face. 

She would be lying if she said she didn't find her mate insanely attractive, especially as he moved around the kitchen preparing the veggies and steak. He was asking her about her life. There really wasn't much to tell. She grew up as the Beta's daughter, with her brother. They were a tough family, but they loved each other. Her father just wanted to raise them to be the best that they could be.

Thinking of her brother, she realized she hadn't seen Avery or his mate, Candace. She grumbled to herself lightly, if he had gotten out of coming to this while she still had to, she was going to let him have it. Sure, she had found her mate, who seemed to be great so far, but still, he was the next Beta, he should be here more than her.

She responded when he asked about her training with the warriors. She was very proud of her fighting skills. Her dad had started training her and her brother at a young age. He wanted them to be as prepared as possible, and now she was.

Audrey noticed that her mate had gone tense, and the spoon he had been using to stir the food, was now bent in his tight fist.

"Parker, are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

He turned to her, look of confusion on his face, when he glanced down at his hand and saw the spoon.

"Yes, sorry, my beta was just mind-linking me quickly, and apparently I wasn't paying attention all that well."

She gave him a look, hadn't he told his beta not to link him unless it was an emergency? Maybe it was, that's why he bent the spoon, but if it was, why was he still here with her? She could tell something was off, but he was an Alpha, one of the strongest and most respected Alphas, and her mate, so she chose not to question him or push it further.

She heard the sigh he let out, as he dished up their plates. The food looked amazing, and who doesn't love a steak?

He gave her a smile, as he set a plate in front of her, "Dinner is served, my Luna.".

Giggling at him, "So you are allowed to call me Luna, but I can't call you Alpha?" She raised her eyebrow at him, as he sat next to her with his plate of food.

She noticed the wink and very smug smile on his face, as he looked her in the eyes, "Oh there are definitely times you will call me Alpha." As he leaned in closer to her, she gasped, sucking in her breath at his amazing scent, and him being so close. She could feel his breath fanning against her skin, as he whispered in her ear. 

"Your body will be begging to submit to your Alpha."

Her heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was going to come out of her chest. There was no way he couldn't hear it. Her wolf was going insane over being this close to her mate, and because of what he had said. 

She could feel the desire running through her body, and she could see it in his eyes. He had been so close to where he would mark her. As the thought of being marked ran through her head, her wolf really lost it. She was practically panting in her head. 

She could see he was having the same battle, but she wasn't sure who was winning, him or his wolf.

She needed to back away, now, or this was going to take a drastic turn.

Audrey stumbled out of her her chair, slowly backing away from her, not really paying attention to her surroundings our where she was going. She just needed to put some space between them, but he wasn't having it. He had already gotten off of his chair, and was walking towards her. It was more like a predator stalking its prey, waiting to pounce, and take the kill.