Chapter 10

Audrey's POV

The nerve! How could he think that he could just have her do whatever he wanted?!

Because he is our mate, and our Alpha.

Audrey scoffs at her wolf. Of course she would take his side.

How dare he think that she needs to be taken care of. She could handle it just fine, herself! She was a Beta, she had trained with every warrior in her pack, and was in charge of patrols. Yet, he knows her all of a few hours and think that he knows what is best.

He is our Alpha, and our mate, he does know what's best.

Audrey let our a growl of anger, responding to her wolf, "I am a BETA!"

You were a Beta, you are now a LUNA, the Alpha Female.

Audrey just shook her head, arguing with her wolf would get her know where and it was clear that they were not going to be on the same page anytime soon. She hadn't even realized that she had been storming around since leaving her mates room. Effectively blocking him out after he tried to mind-link her back. She was nowhere near her room, reaching in her pocket for her phone, she realized she must have been walking around for a while now, because it was almost time for dinner. Letting our a groan, she started heading back towards her room. 

She may not want to be here, or go to this dinner, but she knew that not only would her parents be upset and show up at her room to fetch her, her new mate would not waste anytime showing up either.

After taking a quick shower, and fixing her hair and makeup, Audrey grabbed the outfit that her mother had set out for her. At this rate, she was starting to wonder if she was able to pick out her own clothes. She had to admit though, the dress was beautiful, and the fabric felt amazing against her skin. It was a deep blue, and off the shoulder. It came down just past her knees, which she was thankful for, she didn't want to feel overly exposed.

She was just slipping her foot into her nude pumps when she heard a knock at the door. She glanced at the clock on the wall, she wasn't late, it was probably just Aria.

"I'll be right there!" She called out, before standing up to make sure that there were no wrinkles in her dress.

Upon opening he door, she let out a small gasp, "You! What are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too, my mate." Parker gave her a smug smile. "You are looking lovely this  evening."

She noticed how his eyes darkened as they ran up and down her body, taking her appearance in.

Letting out a sigh, slightly through gritted teeth, "Hello, what are you doing here, Alpha?", throwing in his title because she knew it would bother him. 

It had worked, she could see him tense at the title, and a slight frown appeared on his face.

"I am here to escort you to dinner, my dear Luna." He put out his arm, waiting for her to link her arm through.

"That was kind of you, but there is no need. I am waiting on my parents, we will be heading down together." Smiling at him, knowing that he wont argue with her parents over this.

"Oh my dear, they did not tell you?" His smug smirk was back on his face, "I have already talked to your parents, and we agreed that I would escort you down and we would meet them there."

Audrey wanted to stomp on his foot. How dare he go to her parents! Who gave him that right?!

The right was his, he is our mate. We belong to him, an Alpha answers to no one.