Chapter 9

Parker's POV

Parker couldn't stop staring at his mate. She was asleep on his bed, curled up in his arms.

Audrey shifted in her sleep, causing her hair to fall to the side, drawing his eyes to his mark. He couldn't help but smile. She was his. He hadn't planned to mark her so soon, or at the Alpha's Annual Summit, but he was glad that it had happened. He wanted everyone to know who she belonged to, and who the Dark Wood's Pack Luna was. 

Parker had waited for years to meet his mate, and here she was, and she couldn't be more perfect. She was made for him.

Parker lifted his wrist, glancing at the time on his watch. He didn't want to leave her side, but he needed to eat, and check in with Duncan before it was time to start getting ready for the supper. 

Tonight was mainly just greeting everyone and having a relaxing evening. The alphas would all meet up tomorrow, and spend most of the day in meetings. Then there would be the ball, and the rest of the time was mainly just mingling for the packs. Now that he had found his mate, he had an even bigger reason for not wanting to stay longer than he had to. He needed to let Duncan know that they would be leaving sooner than originally planned.

Parker pulled a blanket over Audrey, leaving her to nap as he headed back to the small dining area of his suite. He reheated his dinner as he mind linked Duncan, asking him to meet him here.

Parker was settled on his bar stool eating his food, when he heard the knock at the door. Glancing over his shoulder to make sure she was still asleep, and it had not woke her, he got up to answer the door.

As soon as the door was opened, Sienna was pushing her way through.

"Where is she? Where is my new sister?!" She squealed as she clapped her hands together.

"SHHH! She is sleeping!" He loudly whispered back to her, before glaring at Duncan.

Duncan put his hands up in surrender, "Don't look at me! As soon as she heard that you had a mate she tried coming up here. It took every ounce of strength and begging to hold her back and give you space. So, once she found out that I was heading up here to meet you, she practically bolted out the door."

Parker let out a groan, rubbing his hand down his face. "Don't you have my niece to be looking after?"

"Oh hush you! She is playing with the other kids from the packs." She gave him a smirk before continuing, "Speaking of kids, have you started working on any yet?"

"SIENNA! I just met her!" He gave her a glare as he crossed his arms across his chest. "Plus, that  is none of your business!"

"So what?" raising her eyebrow at him, "Duncan and I started working on Annalise within the hour of finding out we were mate." Responding casually, as if it was no big deal.

Parker let out a low growl, glaring at Duncan.

"Sienna! That is not something we need to be discussing with our Alpha, and your brother!"

She just shrugged her shoulder at both men.

Parker let out a sigh, needing to change the subject before he heard anymore information about his sister and his best friends intimate side of their relationship. "Duncan, have you talked to Everett recently to check in?"

"Yes, Alpha. He said to tell you all is well." Duncan looked just as relieved for the change of topic.

Parked headed back to the bar stool, glancing back to check that his mate was still asleep, she was.

Sienna grilled him about his new mate as he ate his food. Really, there wasn't much that he could say, he had only just met her, but he answered as best as he could.