friends, 2.

mattia walked into his next class, his eyes instantly landing on kairi. he sat down and turned to face the shorter boy. "i see you lost the gucci." mattia scoffed, he knew he'd get into the boys head. kairi only nodded, he was genuinely scared of mattia. "silent treatment again, thats not nice cosentino."

kairi's eyes widened. "how do you know my last name." he snapped at mattia.

"you look up your first name you get instant results. i guess your a big part of new jersey." mattia sat back in his chair as the teacher started talking. "ya, i am. so watch what you do to me because i can ruin your life." kairi whispered.

"and i can ruin yours just as fast. just without the clean, no one dies type of way, ya know? i'll see you later kairi." mattia stood and left the class without warning. the teacher only frowned, she must have been used to it. but a sudden urge came over kairi and he got up too. he left without looking towards his teacher, this was nothing like him. "kairi where," he heard the older women speaking before the door closed behind him.

"polibio," kairi shouted, "ya, i can do research too." kairi watched mattia turn around and begin to walk towards him. "i'm not scared of you. you're just a scum on the streets. i have so much power over you and you don't even know it. if i ever go missing the whole state of new jersey is looking for me and they'll come for you first." kairi looked mattia dead in the eye. he wasn't scared, only filled with anger. that was until mattia grabbed ahold of his wrist and pulled him into a conveniently placed storage closet. this only happened in movies and it was almost always bad.

mattia's hand grasped onto kairi's throat and he pushed him up against the brick wall of the dim closet. "i warned you kairi. you're mine, and im never letting you go." mattia let go, giving a bit of force which caused kairi to stumble. mattia quickly left and made sure the shorter boy couldn't catch up to him this time.

there was something to that boy that mattia didn't understand. something that made him want to keep him all to himself.

it had been two days and neither of the two had talked to each other. mattia had skipped class again and kairi kept his head down, constantly. the distance between them broke as mattia sat down next to kairi.

the smaller boys leg began to shake, nervousness filling his stomach. he felt something graze his knee, it quickly turned in a light grip on his thigh. he looked down, mattias hand placed on his thigh. he pulled away, but mattia only gripped harder. "don't be scared, not with me." mattia whispered, it made kairi's stomach fill with butterflies. "i thought you hated me." kairi gulped. mattia leaned back and began rubbing kairi's thigh with his thumb. kairi's arms grew goosebumps and he saw mattia smirk. "no, i never hated you." mattia was being calm, his voice low. something kairi wasn't used to.

"you look nice today." mattia added. kairi gave a slight smile, "thank you," he paused, "you too." he whispered.

mattia gave a dry laugh.

"what?" kairi asked, confusion taking over his face. "it's ok to compliment people, you don't have to be scared." mattia leaned into kairi, "are you scared." he whispered. kairi felt the taller boys breath on his cheek. it smelt minty, kairi liked it. "no," kairi lied.

mattia let go of kairi and a part of the boy was disappointed. another confused as to why he was disappointed.

the taller boy stood, but before leaving he slipped a small paper onto kairi's notebook. "have fun in class." mattia winked before walking out. kairi's heart was racing as he stared at the small, folded paper. he opened it to find what he assumed was mattias number. he pulled out his phone and typed in the number. he sent a quick hello text. within a minute he got a reply.

unknown
cosentino
you're eager

kairi
mattia?

unknown
you caught me

kairi
why'd you give me your number

mattia
you happy you got it?

kairi
ya, i guess

mattia
there you go
see ya later kai

kairi smiled at the nickname. he was starting to like mattia and that scared him. never in a million year would he go for someone like him. but there was something in mattia that made kairi's mind wonder.