kiss, 3.

kairi walked into class, exited to see mattia. to his surprise the taller boy was already there. the two caught eye contact and kairi quickly sat down. "hi," kairi said softly, not entirely sure if he should. "what's up." mattia smiled.

"glad it's friday." kairi told the taller boy.

"you wanna come with me somewhere tonight?" mattia asked, leaning back in his chair. just the way he chewed his gum turned kairi on. "where?"

"there's a party at my place. i wanna take you." mattia motioned for kairi's phone and the smaller boy quickly handed it over. mattia type something in before handing it back. "my address incase im not able to pick you up. i wouldn't want that to stop you."

"i can try to come." kairi was a bit put off by the idea of going to a house that belongs to the biggest gang in new jersey. "text me your address and i'll do my best to pick you up. otherwise come on your own." mattia stood and walked out before kairi could ask him anymore questions.

kairi took a deep breathe for stepping out of his uber. mattia wasn't able to pick him up so he had to get himself a ride. the sun was setting and the sky was filling with stars. as soon as he stepped out eyes fell on him. he felt his heart race and walked towards the door. mattia had texted him to come inside. bodies followed behind and he felt a crowd form, only leaving room for him to keep walking straight. he walked inside and things got even worse.

"who the fuck are you." a taller man stood above him. he could feel the mans breathe and his stomach dropped. "chill," kairi heard a familiar voice, "he's with me." mattia pulled the taller man back. the crowd that had surrounded kairi fell off and he felt a little better. "come here." mattia pulled his arm around kairi's shoulders and lead him to the back.

the backyard was surrounded by fencing and dogs were running around. kairi's eyes quickly landed on the drugs and the alcohol that surrounded him. he'd never been drunk or high and all of this was a bit unsettling for him. mattia lead him to a table and sat down. kairi glanced around for a chair, but found nothing. mattia pulled on his kairi's wrist, indicating for him to sit on mattia's lap. kairi hesitated, but sat. he felt mattias lips graze the back of his neck.

the air stunk of weed and kairi's throat itched. mattia held a blunt to kairi's face, "try it."

kairi shook his head, but mattia repeated himself. kairi took it in his hands, not knowing how to hold it. mattia guided kairi's hand with his, making it a bit more comfortable. kairi knew his parents would kill him if they knew where he was and what he was doing, but mattia made him feel safe. kairi pulled the blunt to his lips and instantly started coughing. "you alright?" mattia laughed.

"no," kairi shook his head. his eyes watered from the smoke and his lips tasted gross. "you'll do better next time." mattia pulled kairi's chin so the two were facing. "next time? what do you," kairi was mid sentence before mattia's lips cut him off. kairi pulled away, he'd never kissed a boy, let alone one like
this. but the longing gaze in mattia's eyes made him connect again. kairi felt mattia smile and his stomach filled with the familiar butterflies.

mattia bit kairi's lip gently before pulling away, "you taste like sugar." kairi's lips were tingling and he tried holding back the overwhelming smile fighting through his lips. "do i make you feel good kairi?" mattia leaned into the smaller ones ear.

kairi's breathing picked up, but he nodded.

"good." mattia wrapped his arms around kairi's waist, causing the boy to flinch. "remember what i said?" mattia asked.

"don't be scared." kairi whispered.