still gone, 11.

"I'm getting tired of this shit." mattia frowned through the glass. kairi gave a small smile, gripping the phone harder as if it were mattia's hand. "hey have you heard anything about my dad?" the taller boy asked. he knew his dad was also locked up somewhere. kairi frowned, not wanting to tell mattia anything, "he's got a life sentence. we can't get him. they moved him out of state and my parents can no longer do anything." the boy watched the light flush from mattia's eyes. his small smile turned to a full frown. "you got any good news?" mattia asked. 

"actually, i have more bad news." 

"jesus, what?" 

"they're sending you to trial as an adult. my mom and i are doing everything we can, but if they're placing adult charges. its going to be harder." the boy whispered through the phone. he thought mattia couldn't get any worse, but his face seemed to drop even more. "shit kairi, this just feels hopeless." 

"i promise, there is still hope." kairi just wanted to hug his boyfriend so fucking bad. every new phone call through the glass or at home was worse then the last. just another reminder that mattia was locked up and not out with kairi. "you fell in love with a criminal. you're dumber then i though." mattia tired to lighten the mood. 

"you fell in love with a rich, snobby dumb boy." 

"i love my rich snobby dumb boy." mattia placed his hand on the glass, eyeing kairi to do the same. "this is cheesy." kairi laughed through the phone, but held up his hand. it was definitely in his head, but it was like he felt the warmth of the taller boys palm. he wished it was real. 

"polibio," both boys looked up. a guard stood over mattia and the two sigh. "i love you," mattia spoke quickly. "i love you too." the two pulled away their hands and kairi got up and left. he knew if he watched mattia he'd probably cry. 

"he's a cute kid," the guard smirked, cuffing mattia yet again. "he'd get eaten up in here." he heard the guards around him laugh together. the same words circled his head, just ignore it. he knew if he made trouble things could be even worse. "i'd be the first to try him out," the guard whispered into the boys ear. "keep talking." mattia barked back. 

"what are you going to do? you're just a little boy in handcuffs."

"a little boy with a lot of power. stop talking on my boyfriend," mattia stopped walking, turning his head back, "or i'll find a way to make your job miserable." he whispered back a smirk on his face. mattia would be out of here soon and even if he didn't wanted to waste his time on dumb people, he missed it. 

kairi on the other hand, wasn't having as much fun. he'd stopped at mattia's house for the third time that week. thankfully the window was still not fixed. he'd learned how to not cut himself or rip his clothes on the glass when crawling in. he'd cleaned up the place to, not worrying about the questions the detectives would have. he pulled all the tap down and the markers on the wall. he wasn't sure why cleaning an empty house was making him feel better, but it was. 

alejandro would come over sometimes and help him. he gave him weed too, knowing mattia would be mad. sure mattia smoked with kairi, but he liked it that way. he liked when he was in control of kairi. kairi was messing around with some of mattia's things when he heard a knock on the door rim. it scared him half to death, but it was only alejandro. "is it cool i brought a friend." a shorter boy walked into view, about kairis height. 

"hey," the boy spoke, "i'm alvaro." the boy gave a small smile towards kairi, walking into mattia's room. he reached to grab something, "don't touch that." kairi quickly spoke. alvaro rolled his eyes, giving a dirty look. alejandro slapped the boys arm, "he gets that way with mattia's things. don't be an ass." he whispered. 

"it's kairi, by the way." kairi smiled. "you know mattia?"

"since freshman year." alvaro seemed fine, but he was bugging kairi. 

the three talked together and cleaned a little. there wasn't much since kairi had been cleaning for three days now. they ended up finishing and kairi didn't know what to do with himself. "you wanna come to a party with us tonight?" alejandro asked. kairi didn't want to at all, but he knew it would be good for him. "sure."

- a/n 

hii, this is VERY delayed. my bad, but i hope everyones doing ok. i had a fucking heart attack tonight. thought someone broke in and was ready to swing my bat on a mf. anyways, lets talk about how gay mattia and kairi have been acting lately. giving off mad bi vibes. OH ALSO, this book is growing so fast all of a sudden. love all y'all :)))