phone calls, 10.

"mom?" kairi walked into his parents dimly lit room. "yes kairi?" the boys mother turned to face her son, his dad leaving the room. "i love you." kairi spoke, tears filling his eyes.

"whats wrong sweetheart?" kairi wasn't ok. when he was with mattia he had taken nothing for granted, but he did take things with his mom for granted. the boy felt horrible. "im sorry." he whispered, his mother pulling him into a hug. the two stood in silence, the boy gripping harder to his mom. "kairi can i ask you something?"

the boy looked up, "ya?"

"do you love that boy?"

"mattia? what does that have to do with anything?" kairi stood confused as to why his mom brought mattia up out of all things. "answer me kai." 

the boy hesitated. "ya, ya i do."

"he treats you good?"

"of course." kairi's tears began to resurface, "why mom?" kairi's mom sat down on her bed, a small smile forming on her face. "i read his file kairi. i was disappointed, in shock, disgusted. i didn't want you to have anything to do with him."

kairi's stomach began to hurt and fear hung over his head. "but," the boys heart stopped, "i realized that everything he did, wasn't his choice. i saw the way you changed when you started talking to him. you were the happiest i've ever see you since you were a child. if you love him kairi, we'll get him out of there."

the boy broke down. he didn't know what to say, but a smile broke through his tears. "i miss him so much." the boy sobbed onto his moms shoulder.

"i know kairi," she grabbed kairi's face, wiping away his tears, "it'll be ok." she nodded, reassuring the boy. kairi calmed himself down, giving a small smile to his mom. it was getting late and he needed to let his parents sleep. 

the boy went into his own room, pulling mattia's hoodie over his head. the smell was wearing off, but he hadn't taking the chain off since he got it. thoughts circled around the boys head, his breathing becoming heavy. god he wanted mattia, needed mattia. he didn't want to think about his life before mattia. it was weird, it was like he was meant to find him. 

kairi went into his closet, pulling a box out from a hidden corner. he lit the blunt he'd previously rolled and went over to his bedroom window. he inhaled the smoke, his nerves quickly calming. the smell reminded him of mattia. he would never be able to pin point the smell mattia gave off until he actually smoked himself. 

kairi sat in silence until his phone rang. he checked the time, it was nine and mattia had been calling him every night on the dot. kairi quickly smiled, answering his phone. 

"hey pretty," mattia spoke. kairi's stomach filled with butterflies like it did the first time he'd ever talked to the boy. kairi began to laugh, he always did when he was high. "you're high again," mattia sigh. kairi bit his lip, he new mattia didn't like that the boy was turning into him. "i miss you," kairi began, " and guess what."

"what?"

"my mom actually likes you. it's crazy, she said she'd help me get you out." kairi wished he could see the smile on the taller boys face. "you're joking right?" mattia asked, confused. 

"no, i swear." 

"shit kai, that's crazy. but its good news. i don't know how much more of this shit show i can take." mattia spoke honestly. although no one messed with him because of his family history, he was getting bored. and of course, he missed kairi. "on another note, are you doing ok kai?"

"ya, you?" kairi lied.

"as good as i'll be in here," mattia laughed, "hey do you know alejandro? i think i've told you about him before."

"what about him?" 

"talk to him. you don't got any other friends at school and he knows you so you should be fine. he'll keep you company while i'm in here." alejandro was mattia's best friend since middle school. the two clicked instantly and mattia knew he's never hurt kairi. "what if i don't wanna?" kairi smiled. "come on kai, just give him a chance he's nice." 

"fine," the boy sigh, "by the way your hoodie is losing its smell." 

"you still haven't washed it?" 

"no, i'm gonna go back at get another one." kairi smiled. 

"you can't keep sneaking in and out of my house." mattia lowered his voice to a whisper. he could tell kairi gave him a snobby look through the phone. "well i'm gonna," kairi glanced at the time, "no." he pouted. 

"what?"

"we only have one more minute." kairi wanted to cry again. he just wanted to have a normal conversation with his boyfriend. "i love you kai," 

"i love you too."

"remember alejandro, ok?" 

"ya, i know." kairi rolled his eyes, "bye." the boy frowned.

"bye baby."

a/n 

this is rlly ugly, i'm sorry :(