Chapter 12

[12 — Gunshot]

A/N:

Heyo- Going to be adding titles to chapters now (like the one above)!

The eleven chapters before this one will have them too.

------------------------------------

   A pierce of panic struck my heart like a needle as I hurried around and to the front of him. Sure enough, I could see dark streaks rolling down his shoulder and down his arm.

   "I'm alright," he echoed. I hadn't even asked.

   Rapidly, I shook my head, lips beginning to quiver. "No, no... You're not," I mustered out. "Oh, god, is— Is that the only one?"

   A single nod was given to me in response. "Indeed."

   My hands were trembling a bit. Another Scream was audible in the distance. "Okay, okay, uh..." I hadn't a clue what to do or even what to say.

   "[Name]."

   I looked down at my own hands, then at his wound covered up with one of his own. What was going to do? What could I do? I was useless.

   "[Name]."

   I was pathetic. I didn't know how to take a bullet out. I didn't even have the proper tools for it.

   "You're spacing out again, [Name], dear." An easier tone of voice that time.

   Rapidly, I blinked, sucking in a breath as my gaze snapped to him. "Huh...?" My brows furrowed.

   The anomaly lightly shook its head. "You will need to take the bullet out of me."

   Shaking my head, I spluttered: "B-But I don't know how!"

   "I wouldn't mind teaching you."

   "Can't you do it?" I tried.

   "Not at this angle, no." Finally, the plague doctor pushing himself off of the wall, turning past me and beginning to head off down the corridor. I presumed for somewhere to hide for the operation he was going to try and make me do.

   Hastily, I had started after him, my chest left with a sickening pressure over it. "B-But—"

   "It is necessary, [Name]," there was an abrupt seriousness in his voice. "I... I heal more rapidly than you."

   That threw me off a bit. "W-What?" How many other things were there about him that I didn't know?

   "You have about twenty minutes to get it out... It'll certainly cause issues if not, especially in the place that it's in. Possible infection, and no doubt joint complications! It could've possibly hit one of the arteries, and that would be tremendously more grave!"

   "I..." My shoulders loosened a bit. "W-Wait..." If there was blood on the back, and he had been hit in the front, then why was there so much blood on his shoulder blade? Eyes going to the location, I managed to get a better look at all of the blood, seeing a sort of darker formation in his cowl that was nearly round.

   Immense relief flooded through me. "I... I think it went through!"

   He abruptly stopped moving, peering over his shoulder and to me. "And the location...?"

   I knew I couldn't really poke at it to answer that, or at least I figured I wouldn't have been able to, so I approached and hesitated in response in the means of improvising. "Uh..." Lifting both my hands, I placed a few fingers to the right of the wound. "A few centimetres to the left of here."