Chapter 20

I don't know what to say ithjthrthji, thank you so much for 1,000+ votes!!

----------------------------

[20 Hello Death Row]

   Legs aching, I gradually rose from the ground, eyes wide. Each breath that came from me was laboured.

   Will I see him again? I'm... I'm so far back. I'm doomed. This is it for me.

   A weak smile found its way on my face.

   Back to square one... Just like that.

   I cleared my throat.

   What a fucking joke.

   To that left of me was debris. The room had fallen in, large chuckles of concrete being slates of rubble and all that piled up towards the black abyss above. Cracks adorned the walls and the floor, and the light above me was busted. Clearly, something had been through whilst we were gone.

   We.

   A cough escaped me, and I gripped my chest with one hand as I limped over to the door. Each breath escaped me was deep and slow, emitting sonorous wheezes throughout it.

   Twisting open the doorknob with a shaky hand, I entered. The ringing in my ears was overwhelmingly loud, but I paid no mind. Slumping down in the chair at my desk, my eyes dropped almost closer as my entire body faltered. The only reason I hadn't fallen out of the chair was due to the arm I had put on the desk and the other on top of the back of the chair.

   I noticed the paper flat down on the desk, and reached out a hand to grasp it. I turned it in my hand to the side of where the print was. A grin rose its way onto my face.

   We.

   I recalled the memory of when he and I were first there— Back when everything first began. Remembering his quirks and curiosity, my nonchalantness about it then was of high contrast to how much I found it almost cute now.

   "Can't believe he didn't know what a printer is..." I murmured emptily to myself, setting the print of the palm of his hand down.

   Slugging further against the desk, my head felt light. My breathing was returning back to normal, yet everything was too foggy up above for me to care. Closing my eyes, I had rested my head between my arms that were laid out over the top of the desk.

   "Maybe he'll learn about washing machines when he's out..."

   Every hair in my body rose at once at a faint, gurgling laugh.

   Shooting up from where I was, I frantically looked around. A bud of hope sprout inside of me as I fumbled out of the chair and back onto my feet. Everything was still sore, but I was willing to pursue past it if I had to.

   Swallowing the lump in my throat, a ball of ice was in my stomach as I urgently scanned the room for any sign of that decaying man.

   "Where are you?" Meek.

   Sucking in a breath, I clenched my fists.

   "Come out, you coward!" Stronger.

   I will not die. I cannot die. Not like this. This is my chance.

   "I know you're here! I know you can hear me! Take me back now, you asshole! I'm not done! I'm not giving up, no matter what you put me through or where you drop me off in this damn hellhole!"