Chapter 4

It was still dark as Sonia, Bonnie, Kenny, Dawn, May, Iris, Cilan, and I stood outside the clock tower. By now, everyone else had left for their dormitories while we waited for my escort. I played with my fingers while Kenny eagerly paced back and forth, Bonnie sat down against the wall, Iris and Cilan stood still, side hugging each other, Dawn and May were tapping their feet impatiently, and Sonia stood again the wall with her arms crossed.

"Ugh, what is taking so long," Bonnie moaned.

"Bonnie, it's only been five minutes," Sonia said.

"Exactly. That's way longer than it should be for one of the hosts to come to Serena," Bonnie said.

"Admittedly, I can testify as a former host that it's not like Satoshi to keep a client waiting," Cilan said.

I frowned as I continued to play with my fingers. As much as part of me agreed with Sonia that five minutes isn't terribly wrong, I was still nervous to the point that I wondered if someone wasn't coming at all. Thankfully, my worries went away when I heard May shout out a name.

"Drew!"

I looked to her to find her smiling brightly before turning to where she was looking to find the green-haired host walking over to us.

"Hey, May," Drew said plainly. "What's up?"

May looked away bashfully before she asked, "I was just wondering; out of all the girls who you danced with tonight, was I the best?"

Drew scoffed and flipped his hair before answering, "Sure. I must admit you were almost as good of a dancer as I am."

May let out a high-pitched giggle and said, "Oh, Drew."

"Hey, Drew," Dawn said, stepping in. "Has Paul said anything about me?"

Drew raised his eyebrow and said, "I can't say he has, but then again, he tends to keep to himself as usual. For all I can tell you, he may be thinking of you in secret."

Dawn giggled and let a blissful sigh before she said, "That would be so like him."

I frowned, worried about how May and Dawn were still giving into their illusions that the hosts they like were truly interested in her. Drew, on the other hand, smirked before turning to me.

"Anyway, I am here to escort you to Satoshi," he said. "He is looking forward to your appointment."

I smiled politely and said, "Thank you. Please lead the way."

Drew nodded and said, "Follow me."

I nodded, and we turned around to head back to the main building while May called out, "I'll be visiting you regularly at the host club, Drew!"

"Sounds good, May," Drew said with a wave, not looking at her.

Drew and I went inside the main building and took a right to an elevator to the other side of the hall. The green-haired host and I went in the elevator and Drew pressed the button to the clock tower before the elevator began going up. The two of us waited in silence until Drew cleared his throat.

"So, you're friends with May?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Hmmm. That's interesting," he said.

I turned to Drew, confused, and asked, "Why?"

Drew shrugged and said, "It's just that May is a nice girl, and she's from a wealthy family and all, but I never pegged you as someone who would befriend her given your reputation."