Chapter 14

After about ten days, Satoshi was released from the hospital just as the doctor predicted. I was relieved to see him out of there even though Satoshi was still in pain, and he gained nasty scars on his chest and thigh. Cilan took Satoshi in his dorm while we finished the rest of the spring semester and then Sonia arranged a place for Satoshi and me while he spent summer school privately.

As Satoshi spent much of his time in summer school and physical therapy, I spent my time in the summer making plans to transfer to Anistar High and find a good place for Satoshi to stay near my home with the help of our friends who wanted to pitch in financially. My mom also looked into places for a possible job for Satoshi that he can manage despite his bad leg and his lack of work experience. Ultimately, though, she decided to train Satoshi to be her assistant mechanic. Satoshi and I instantly disliked the idea, but we relented when my mom pointed out that it would be better for him to learn to be a hard worker despite his condition with someone we know. Plus, it also meant we could be around each other when I'm visiting home for the weekends.

Despite things looking good enough for my beloved and me, things weren't going as well for the art program. True to Sonia's prediction, Princess Miette did have the theater destroyed for our defiance. The act discouraged many students who had been dreaming of more plays and concerts with the theater on top of being forced to sign similar statements to hide what happened on opening night of Spectacular, Spectacular. Some students even decided to go to a different school for the next year out of hopes that they will find better opportunities for their respective crafts. Sonia did her best to keep her head up high despite knowing that her art program was declining drastically.

The only positive changes we saw was that the host club was disbanded, and Jessie had been sacked as a member of the board for signing the contract that allowed Abigail to kill whoever's the princess wanted. Countless girls were devastated that the host club was gone and we made sure to keep Satoshi's whereabouts a secret from them so that only I am rightfully there to comfort him. The former hosts, who also signed statements from the king, looked for other clubs to be a part of the next school year while Drew and May started a steady relationship.

At the end of June, Satoshi finished his physical therapy, having started to get used to walking with a cane. One month later, he finished his summer semester, and we had a private graduation ceremony for him with our friends and their families. Soon after, Satoshi and I began getting ready to fly to the Kalos region. Before we left, I privately called my mom to make sure that we were set for a special surprise for when my boyfriend when we landed at the Kalos airport. Sonia, Principal Magnolia, Bonnie, Iris, Cilan, May, Drew, Dawn, Kenny, Octavia, and Andy all came to see us off at the Galar airport. Once we are at the point where only passengers can enter, we all started hugging and saying goodbye to our friends.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot, Serena," Bonnie whined as she hugged me tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Bonnie," I said with a sad smile.

"I wish there was a way around you needing to come back to Kalos," Dawn said.

"Yeah, maybe there is a way you and Satoshi could still go to Galar Academy in secret so that we can still go to school together," May said.

"It would be nice if we didn't have to be apart from you," Octavia said.

"Yeah," Iris agreed.

I shook my head and said, "I don't want to be apart from you either. You're all the best friends I could ever have. But it's for the best that Satoshi and I leave. Our place should be away from the life of wealth and high-class."

"But won't it be difficult for Satoshi to adjust to living a life without any of that?" Kenny asked.

"We're counting on it," I answered. "But I think it's better that he learns to live a normal life as opposed to living with wealthy people trying to please people who never truly loved him. It's going to be tough, but my mom and I will be there for him."