Chapter 9

For the rest of winter break, Satoshi and I stayed in Galar Academy for the holidays. My mother was disappointed that I didn't come home, but she understood when I explained that I wanted to stay with my new friends and my boyfriend. Satoshi and I began to still meet secretary by meeting at night when Jessie is asleep so that we can still be alone together.

Later, after the spring semester started, the two of us and May, Drew, and Dawn devised a plan to create a study group so that I can still help Satoshi with school work. Jessie was skeptical, but when Drew promised that he will keep an eye on us, she agreed on the condition that we studied in one of the school libraries so that we are seen in public. Thus, the five of us would study together in a library near the theater after rehearsal for Spectacular, Spectacular, and Satoshi had to spend time with Princess Miette. Satoshi, Dawn, and I started to become good friends with Drew and the green-haired host started to secretly grow close with May. The two of them never did anything in private because Drew still feared for his job, but May began to lower her defenses and believe that he does like her romantically.

It wasn't long after May, and I finished the secret song for Satoshi and me that I had completed the entire script. Thus, rehearsals became better organized with Sonia helping the cast with lines, music and choreography while Iris and the tech crew set up lights and sets. Harley and his people worked endlessly to make all of the costumes and figure out makeup for the entire crew. It was clear to us that underneath his frustrated and stressed demeanor during rehearsals, the flamboyant man was having the time of his life. As the semester went by, the show was becoming more complete and word about it was spreading throughout the entire school. Everyone in the art program was ecstatic with the play's growing popularity while Jessie and Princess Miette were relishing in the profit they were going to make from it.

As for Satoshi and me, our relationship was going stronger than ever. Despite having less time to spend together privately apart from secretly meeting at night, our love was burning bright without fail. We treasured our Christmas presents in secret as if a part of each other was still with us through them. And whenever Satoshi and Dawn were singing our secret song during rehearsal, Satoshi would glance at me and I would secretly sing back as a way of declaring our love for each other. We still didn't know what to do with our situation with the princess, but all in all, our plan to stay together was working and we couldn't be happier for it.

But for all of our joy, there was still trouble for me revolving around Calem. Despite being told not to by Jessie, he started taking advantage of the fact that we had to see each other constantly at rehearsal to keep pursuing me. Time after time, I would coldly reject him, and all of my friends would help, but he kept trying as if he simply needed need to keep rolling the dice until he got the right number. Worst of all, it was his stubborn obsession to obtain me for his wretched desires that things began to go wrong.

It was the last week of April, and the premiere of Spectacular, Spectacular was a week-and-a-half away. Everyone working on the show was both excited and nervous about how the show was going to turn out after spending so much of the school year to get it ready. Even Clemont was feeling less nervous with Bonnir's help. Having never seen the whole play from beginning to end yet, Princess Miette ordered a full rehearsal for her to watch before our first showing it to the public. Thus, shortly after school was over for the day, everyone went to the theater to get ready to perform for the princess. But as the hosts were putting on their costumes in their dressing room, Calem was acting agitated which Paul and Drew quickly noticed.

"Did you make a move on Serena again?" Drew asked.

Calem did nothing but look away from Drew coldly, which was all the green-haired host needed for an answer.