Chapter 8

It was the middle of December, and the school semester was coming to an end. Satoshi and I continued to grow closer after that night when Satoshi told me about his past. Despite still needing to be apart at specific times for Satoshi to entertain Princess Miette, it felt like we started to feel like a couple in a deep, committed relationship as time went on. But as our bond grew stronger, I began to wonder if we will soon reach a point where Satoshi might discover that he was in love with me. Every time I thought about it, a part of me discouraged the idea, thinking that he wouldn't let things go that far in case he couldn't avoid getting married to the princess. Even so, I continued to hope as I accepted that Satoshi has meant a lot to me.

Meanwhile, the script for Spectacular, Spectacular was nearly finished, and it was announced that the theater will be ready for use for our first rehearsal on the week before winter break. All of my friends were filled with excitement as if Christmas was coming a week and a half early. Even though we were all studying hard for finals during that week, it was clear that the minds of everyone in the art program were on the new theater. Even some of the hosts were looking forward to seeing the place where they will be performing.

Finally, it was the last day of the semester, and I was working on the script in my dorm after I took the last of my finals when I heard a hard knock on the door. I walked over and opened it to find Bonnie, May, Dawn, Kenny, Iris, and Cilan giving me ecstatic looks. I looked at the clock on my wall and turned back to my friends with a smile.

"It's almost time, huh?" I asked.

"Yep, Sonia and the princess are going to open the theater in fifteen minutes," Bonnie said, excitedly. "I can't believe it's finally happening."

"Me neither," Dawn said. "If this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up. Right, Kenny?"

"Right as rain, Dawn," Kenny said, smiling fondly at his crush.

Cilan, Iris, and May smiled in agreement before Cilan said, "So get your coat already, Serena. We all want to experience this moment together."

My smile grew, and I said, "Alright, I'll be right back."

I quickly rushed over to my closet and grabbed my winter coat before exiting my dorm and locking the door behind me before the seven of us went outside where it was snowing and headed to the theater together. Cilan, Iris, and Kenny walked ahead while Dawn, May, Bonnie, and I walked behind. As we were walking, however, May, Dawn, and Bonnie decided to take the opportunity to speak with me quietly.

"So, Serena, how are things going for you and Mr. Super Handsome?" Bonnie asked.

I blushed at the way she described Satoshi and said, "It's going wonderful."

"That's great to hear," Dawn said. "Do you have any plans for Christmas."

I looked away, bashfully for a moment, and answered, "We are planning to have dinner at my place, and then we're going to exchange Christmas gifts."

All three girls let out an "awww" at the same time.

"What is your gift?" Dawn asked, excitedly. "Tell us! Tell us!"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm before I said, "Well, last week I went to a store in the city where they make lockets. I had them take a picture of me, and then they put it in this cute silver locket with Satoshi's and my initials."

Bonnie, Dawn, and May looked at me befuddled, and Bonnie asked, "Is that what you're really giving to your secret boyfriend for Christmas?"

"Yeah, I think you can do better than that," May said with Dawn nodding in agreement.