Ten

The days mesh, night barely exists. From studio, to meeting, to writing, and back again. It's like the EP is all the girls know. Jaydan and Aniston trying harder and harder to coax River of Tears out of Carter with every passing day.

By the time Carter wakes at 11am on whatever day it is, she instantly feels fear that she's over slept. That she's late for something. The apartment is silent, no showers running, or blow dryers humming, the TV isn't on.

Reaching for her phone quickly, she wipes the sleep from her eyes, expecting a slew of angry texts or calls about being late. But one text on the screen relaxes her, reminding her she had a day off. She isn't needed anywhere for anything until tomorrow. The apartment is silent because each of the others needs their sleep and space too. As much as they love each other, they haven't seen anything or anyone but each other in what feels like weeks.

Calum

so is today still a
day off? Your last
one got cut for
some recordings.
I'm hoping I get to
see you today.

just woke up. It
felt nice to sleep a
full 9 hours. It's
our day off. We
can do something.
But like something
chill.

I'll pick you up
at 1. Be
comfortable, date
2 is lowkey
remember.

see you soon.

Rolling out of bed she finds a pair of joggers and a t-shirt. Taking more time than maybe necessary to find a cute bralette and matching panties. Just in case. As of yesterday all her bandmates lost their bet.

Finding her towel she wanders across the hall to the bathroom she shares with Delanee. Turning the water on hot, she brushes her teeth quickly before stepping into the stream, letting the scalding water relax her tired shoulders. One out of the shower a quick blowdry through her hair and some mascara is all she can convince herself off today. If Calum can't handle that he can leave.

The house is still silent as she sorts her bag, pulling garbage and clutter from it's depths. Making sure she has her wallet and keys. Throwing her lyric book into the bag as well. Sliding on some Van's, she head for the kitchen, pulling out a green smooth protien drink Jaydan suggested they start drinking. Unlike the other girls she doesn't mind it, and it's an easy breakfast for a lazy day.

At 12:55 there is still no sounds coming from the rest of the apartment so she scrawls a note on the fridge pad and leaves.

"I was just coming to find you." Calum startles her as she locks the door.

"Everyone's asleep still. Didn't want to have them mad at me if you rang the bell." She shrugs.

"It's good to see you again, Car." Calum grins, pulling her into a tight hug.

"It's so good to see you too, Cal. Sorry works been insane for me."

"I get it. I promise. It gets easier." Calum chuckles, leading her back towards the elevator.

"I hope so. I might actually die if I am this busy for the rest of my life. Just drop dead from exhaustion." She laughs, punching the lobby button.

"You'll survive, and look back on these days with a fondness, glad that you made it through them, and also that you never have to do early days again." Calum laughs, pulling her against his chest as they descend to the ground floor.

"I appreciate that they are pushing us to do and be our best, that they seem to want to see us succeed. But damn I'm tired." She chuckles.

"Today we are just going to hang out at the house. Watch some tv, order food, nothing crazy." Calum smiles, letting her go as the elevator dings.