Twenty-One

Double Update read 20 if you haven't!

"You promise you don't know what today is about?" Olive asks Carter for the millionth time as they drive towards the meeting Luke had mentioned.

"I swear on the life of my amazing dad that I have no idea what the hell is going on, and Calum wouldn't tell me shit when I kept asking him last night." Carter has to mentally keep her voice level to try and keep peace.

"I believe you." Delanee smiles softly.

"Thank you." Carter sighs.

"Not even the slightest hint?" Olive frowns.

"None." Carter shrugs, leaning against the window, "If I did, I would tell you. I just hope it is something great."

"Probably will be for you. " Ava rolls her eyes.

"I hope it is great for all of us, Av, even if you don't believe me." Carter sighs, and that's it, the conversation ending until they file out of the car and towards the door of the studio.

"HEY!" Ashton yells as they wander into the space, "We are excited you girls came, we have a few things we want to try out with you guys today."

"Sounds kinky." Ava smirks, setting her bag against the wall. It annoys Carter how easily Ava can hide the bitchy attitude she has had recently.

"No, we leave the kinky shit to Calum and Carter. We just have fun." Michael laughs.

"Gross. We don't want to hear about their kinky shit, we just want to make music." Delanee groans.

"Well good, that is why we invited you here." Luke smiles, "So first, Ava, Carter says you play keyboard as well as drums, is that true?"

"I do." Ava nods.

"Good then we have it all set." Calum smiles, his arms wrapped around Carter already.

"What is all set!?" Carter whines, looking up at him with a pout.

"Around the World and Back, 5sos featuring CODA." Ashton answers with a giant grin. 

"I thought it wasn't going to work with eight people on the stage?" Carter frowns.

"Ya well we revamped, liked the new idea, and now all of us are doing it." Calum smiles.

"Or, Calum wants to sing it with you, and that means we need Olive to play bass. We didn't want to exclude Delanee and Ava, and throwing one more guitar in shouldn't be hard, and Ava can play keys, so now we are all involved." Michael laughs.

"It's going to be so much more fun now! I get my girls on stage with us too." Carter grins.

"Fans are going to flip if Calum sings a song without his bass." Delanee is grinning though.

"It is definitely going to be weird to set my bass away for a song, but I get to sing it with this beautiful woman, so I think I'll manage." Calum smiles, kissing Carter's cheek softly.

"So, Delanee, Michael and I are going to help you learn the guitar part. Olive, Calum is ready to teach you the bassline so he doesn't have to play it. And Ashton and Carter are going to help you learn the Keys part, Ava." Luke smiles.

"Unless of course you girls don't want to collaborate on this amazing song with us." Ashton shrugs.

"We do." Olive and Delanee nod quickly.

"I'm so glad my band is going to be on the stage with me for this, it will be so much more special to sing it with them too. Ava's voice would be gorgeous as a back up vocal since she tends to only sing a little bit while drumming. This one she can be the lead backing vocals." Carter grins, being honest, but also trying to butter Ava up a little bit, hoping this does help her calm down some.