Thirty-Four

Calum towels off his hair, stepping out of the en-suite to see Carter curled in a ball on the bed. Fast asleep. Finding some lazy clothes that don't smell of sausage, he dresses, kissing her head softly before leaving the hotel room.

She asked him not to start a fight today, but she was hurt again. Her safety and feelings are not being taken into consideration in the management's side of their relationship and he refuses to let them hurt her again.

"Hey, Calum, is Carter in your room?" He's pulled from his thoughts by Ava's comment.

"What? Oh, ya, she's asleep though. She got sick earlier and it's worn her out."

"She got sick?" Olive frowns.

"They sent us on a date again. This time to a sausage festival... we didn't know that's what it was. I swear I wouldn't have taken her down there if I had." He sighs, running his hands over his head.

"The smell got to her, didn't it?"

"Ya... I was going to find Nate and Jaydan. I can't let them keep making us do things that are going to hurt her or make her so uncomfortable. I won't allow it."

"Don't you have a contract though?" Ava frowns.

"Ya. A contract to date publicly, not to be hurt or made uncomfortable constantly. And after she ended up in the hospital in Amsterdam, and now they sent us somewhere Jaydan should know would make Carter sick... it's not okay. I'm not letting it happen like this."

"Do you have a copy of the agreement you guys signed?" Olive is chewing on her lip softly, a thought obvious in her eye.

"Ya. Why?" Calum shifts, interested in what she might be thinking.

"Send it to me would you? If her life has been in danger because of it there's a chance my dad might be able to find something that would nullify the agreement and get you guys out of their control. I can't promise it will, but it's an option." She shrugs.

"I'll text you over the document link. Would he really look it over for us?"

"He's our bands legal adviser and advocate. He will." Olive nods.

"Plus, our families are close. If they are hurting one of us, he isn't going to allow it." Ava adds.

"Thank you, Oli, really. I can't watch Carter be put in any more stupid and uncomfortable situations for their precious promo."

"We appreciate that you aren't okay with this stuff. I'd still go talk to Jaydan and Nate though. I don't like that Jaydan hadn't made note of her distaste for meat yet. It's almost as big of an issue as her allergy, it makes her sick." Ava shakes her head.

"Exactly, yet two things they made us do have let to an allergic reaction and made her sick. And that isn't including all the times they have made her feel uncomfortable just to create a story in the media. I'm tired of them not giving two shits about her well being. She is more than just a money machine for them and they need to be put in place."

"Shoot me the document and I'll forward it to dad. And go talk to them. Hopefully they'll understand?" Olive doesn't sound like she believes herself as she says it.

"Ya, it's not going to be that easy." Calum chuckles, "I'll send it to you as soon as I'm back from talking to Nate and Jaydan."

"Thanks, Calum, for everything. With the band, and even more with Carter. She needs to be loved by someone like you. She needs to know what it feels like to actually be wanted in a relationship not just used." Ava comments sincerely.

"She is wanted, and needed, I promise. I love her so much." Calum smiles.

"We know, don't worry." Olive chuckles.