Thirty-Two

CarterHeart

Liked by LukeHemmings, olivetempe, and 132,843 others

Carterheart: I ate ten stroopwafels in two days and he was still the sweetest part of our trip. Amsterdam, I'll be back. 🖤

***

"Do you think we are going to make it?" Carter asks as they hurry through the terminal, trying to not cause any panic, but also knowing they already missed soundcheck, and she is due on stage in one hour.

"We have to. If you miss stage time it's my fault to everyone outside the team. And that is not going to fly." Calum comments, leading her with a tight grip around her hand.

"Cal!" Ashton calls from a few feet ahead, pointing over his head a certain direction, indicating that is where they are supposed to head.

"There you guys are!" Carl sighs with relief as they arrive in the baggage claim.

"We got stranded in Amsterdam for four hours due to engine issues." Ashton explains as they follow him quickly towards the doors, luckily only bringing carry on's with them to Amsterdam.

"We have to rush. Carter, call ahead so the girls have your things ready for you. You will have about ten minutes from arrival at the arena to stage time." Carl informs them as they speed walk towards the waiting SUV on the curb.

As soon as the doors are all shut Carl is peeling off the curb, joining traffic leaving the Airport as quickly as he can, Carter's phone already pressed to her ear.

"Carter! Thank fuck! Where are you guys?" Delanee's voice comes across the speaker after only half a ring.

"In the car, leaving the airport. Plane issues in Amsterdam stranded us. Get me an outfit ready, I'll literally be meeting you on stage at go time."

"Any requests on the outfit?" Ava's voice rings through, and Carter knows she's on speaker now.

"Something that I will actually wear? I don't care. I just need it ready to go. I have to do vocal warm ups in the car, and I'll see you girls on stage." Carter hangs up before any more question's can be asked.

"At this rate they aren't going to get to ask you any questions about what happened in Amsterdam until after they are confused by your friendliness on stage later tonight." KayKay laughs.

"No one knows except you two because you were on the trip." Calum chuckles, "We sort of decided to keep it to ourselves for a few days."

"We didn't know until today though either." Ashton laughs, "Until you came down to leave and you weren't playing up the smiles, but actually laughing and smiling and talking."

"Well, every stubborn mind has it's limits, and mine was watching her try to die. Got me to finally humble myself enough to talk to her." Calum smiles, kissing the side of Carter's head.